Activate

Congrads Pinky, I experienced all those sounds, especially the cringing at the toilet flushing! Im excited for you. :)

Oh Pinky, I'm so happy for you!

I honestly can't remember what my first reaction was to the sound when I first heard it... I was only Four.... but I do wish I remember it....

But Honestly, I'm happy for you that you're experiencing hearing the sounds. It'll take time to get used to it....

Heck I'm still having little hard time locating the sounds.... like where they are coming from.... the location of the sound is coming. I'm still learning to hear new sounds.... I get them sometimes... but not often anymore as I pretty much have heard everything.

Oh, that's great and am happy for you Pinky. :cool:

It's interesting to see how each one of us responds to the CI. Can you tell us if they turned on a few electrodes or all of them? And was it all weird to start off with and then suddenly recognising sounds?

amazing, im happy for you Pinky, this is the beginning of a long new journey, but you're still a deaf person, afterall, your emotions are real as a d/Deaf person can be except you can access the world of the hearing with the help of this fascinating technology. Awesome, you must write more about your experiences Im deaf using HA, and so your account here in this thread is truely like reading about another country.

Just wait until you hear other people peeing!!!! :giggle:

Congrats, welcome to the CI world!, sounds like you are doing incredibly well.

Well done

OMG, really?
so like you can now hear how loud (and heavy the person in the next toilet booth is dropping the poop in the the water?! and how quickly if the poopr pops up floating or sink?

this is TMI

i guess you'd (Pinky) have a better laughter when you watch "Distraction" game show on tv next time, especially when they have to be the first to pee to give an answer lol

awesome!! my husband who got a ci few years ago, told me that he finally able to hear cats' meowing so low. He can tell the three cats' voices are all different. thats cool!

congratulations. let me know when you will hear cats meowing (not purring). :D

Hey Pinky!! Welcome to the world of SOUND!!

Are you glad you can now Hear??

Congratulations!! Glad to hear Activation went well!!!

x

The water faucet! I couldn't believe how high it sounded.

The public toilets flushing so loud that I cringed.

Hearing around "corners" and behind me like when my kid said "shucks" when he didn't get his way on something.

:lol: Wow quite interesting. Don't you get any headaches when you hear sounds that are so loud and high?

Hey Pinky!! Welcome to the world of SOUND!!

Are you glad you can now Hear??

Congratulations!! Glad to hear Activation went well!!!

x

Thank you! :hug: Yes, I can hear any noise unlike my HA. I am such HAPPY!!!!! :D

awesome!! my husband who got a ci few years ago, told me that he finally able to hear cats' meowing so low. He can tell the three cats' voices are all different. thats cool!

congratulations. let me know when you will hear cats meowing (not purring). :D

Yeah, My husband said it sound like purring not meow yet. I will come to my friend's house to see cats again. Thank you! :)

Cool, Pinkster. I hope you don't get tired of all the sounds too soon. I wonder how long will it take for you to get used to everything and their sounds!

Maybe in 1 or 2 months, or half a year later, post here again about how you've felt since CI-operation. Keep it like a journal for the future or a personal journal. :wave:

I am back!!!! Finally! I was so busy last night. I didn't have time to post on my blog anyway,

I went to ENT for activate appointment. I was so excited and anxious. At first thing my audiologist put sound processor on my left ear to see if the electrodes array is working. It’s working as well. I can feel the nerves in the left side of my brain. I signaled with my hand to show what I could hear and feel. Then audiologist turned on with soft sound. My eyes and head felt dizzy. I was startle and laughing. It means the implant is working. This is my first experience with sound. I didn’t cry when it’s loud. My audiologist started with sound soft and gradually increased the sound. I heard the audiologist’s voice, then my husband’s voice, my mom’s voice and my mother in the law’s voice. They were both crying. They all were so happy. I stayed at audiologist for 2 half hours. I left ENT and go outside. I heard it was windy with animation trees and too much noise. I can hear people’s chattering. This is my first experience’s sound. My husband’s car start engine and feel like vibrate. I was able to hear.

He turned IPOD on for me to listen. My first listen the music was “Building a mystery” (Acoustic) Sean McLachlin and second is “Hey There Delilah” Plain White T’s. Third is “A 1000 Miles (Acoustic) Vanessa Carlton. And the last was “What a Wonderful World” Louis Armstrong. That was interesting!

That is awesome Pinky! The song in bold print is an awesome song.

I bet it is an overwhelming experience! With all the new sounds.

Congrats!!!! I am happy for you!

Cool, Pinkster. I hope you don't get tired of all the sounds too soon. I wonder how long will it take for you to get used to everything and their sounds!

Maybe in 1 or 2 months, or half a year later, post here again about how you've felt since CI-operation. Keep it like a journal for the future or a personal journal. :wave:

I have to wear CI for all day until I feel tired and want to get CI off for rest. I guess it take me few days to few weeks. I will come to ENT for 1st program map on Tuesday morning.

That is awesome Pinky! The song in bold print is an awesome song.

I bet it is an overwhelming experience! With all the new sounds.

Congrats!!!! I am happy for you!

Yes! It was overwhelme at first! Can you hear the music on bond print?? Are you hoh or deaf? Thank you! :)

OMG, really?
so like you can now hear how loud (and heavy the person in the next toilet booth is dropping the poop in the the water?! and how quickly if the poopr pops up floating or sink?

this is TMI

i guess you'd (Pinky) have a better laughter when you watch "Distraction" game show on tv next time, especially when they have to be the first to pee to give an answer lol

:laugh2: Of course, I would laugh at my husband's pee into toilet. :giggle:

Back