Action Alert! Improve the Quality of Live Captions on TV—Your Comments Needed by September 13!

SneakerNet

Retired
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys!! Thought I share this with you all. Some of you may already have this information but I encourage everyone to send a comments about the quality of the CC. To me, the quality of CC is really bad. Every single channel always something different. So, please send a comments!! Thanks!!

If you are unable to view the message below, you can view this message on our website.

Your Comments Needed by September 13

August 23, 2019

Deaf and Hard of Hearing Consumer Groups and Researchers Call on the FCC to Improve the Quality of Live Captions on Television
Your Comments Needed by September 13

HLAA and other consumer groups petitioned the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to address long-standing quality problems with captioning for live television programming. Consumers routinely report serious problems with the accuracy, timing, completeness, and placement of captions on live programming, including local news, sports, and weather. The petition asks the FCC to build on its existing standards for the quality of captions by setting metrics for acceptable quality of live captions.

We need your help!
The FCC has asked for comments from the public about the petition, and it’s important that they hear from deaf and hard of hearing consumers. Read more »

Comments needed by September 13.
Remember to enter 05-231 in the "Proceeding(s)" field.

Hearing Loss Association of America
7910 Woodmont Ave., Suite 1200, Bethesda, MD 20814
advocacy@hearingloss.org | www.hearingloss.org

Tell me something, what is your experience with CC? Is it perfect!!??

Back