About toys weapons

SherryCherish

Reaction score
I'm very curious, about anyone who believe or not believe about toys weapon like gun, knife, etc for kids to play.

My good friend is totally against for their kids to play toys gun, even water guns.

I just want to know what people's thoughts, and curious why they don't believe in it? Is it part of violent to guide kids into crime?
-----------
My opinions, I think its not a big deal for kids to play cuz of their "pretends" like everybody does. Unless u see anything real negatives in their behavior with those weapon toys, i will have rights to lectures to them.

Please share in here.....

I do ....
*raise my hand up*

I do not like toy weapon in my house..
sort of fusterate w/my little son always bring the toy gun (actually I never bought it) and knew it's from his friends... *groan*..

Politely I asked my son, pretty please do not allowed gun in my house.. He looks ugly at me, why mom? Can't I ?
*sigh* explained him how I feel that way...
He explained good points, that he likes part of Army game..
*In my mind, Oh right but UGH, WEAPON!, (sigh voice down) Okay but prefer toy gun stay outside.. okay..
Pah 'bout the time, He putting his toy gun leaving outside...

I knew my hubby's Dad's family side (part of war one and two too long time ago) Oh well, I cannot do anything but I pray god, please don't let my little son part of War... Let him different career!

My son doesnt have toy guns in our apartment. I dunno if i should have Nathan play with water gun though.. hmm?

GalaxyAngel said:
I do ....
*raise my hand up*

I do not like toy weapon in my house..
sort of fusterate w/my little son always bring the toy gun (actually I never bought it) and knew it's from his friends... *groan*..

Politely I asked my son, pretty please do not allowed gun in my house.. He looks ugly at me, why mom? Can't I ?
*sigh* explained him how I feel that way...
He explained good points, that he likes part of Army game..
*In my mind, Oh right but UGH, WEAPON!, (sigh voice down) Okay but prefer toy gun stay outside.. okay..
Pah 'bout the time, He putting his toy gun leaving outside...

I knew my hubby's Dad's family side (part of war one and two too long time ago) Oh well, I cannot do anything but I pray god, please don't let my little son part of War... Let him different career!

Your son almost similar like my son.. My son keep asking me why momma can't I play? I told him " no you cant play that weapon. ARGHHH. Reason I am against because of volience. My oldest nephew whose his mom is unfit mother and he became too volience. Now my eldest nephew is a father to a baby whose I am a great aunt . ARGHHH. Pls do not allow your kids to play.. Its too volience. Thats my opinion...

interesting.. the fact i don't understand the part about my friend, who don't believes in guns or water gun but let her son to watch violent cartoons. But he surely crazy about acts being violence just like it.

Which, I wouldn't allow my kids to watch Power Rangers, seen alots of kids into violent from it. Or any kinds of cartoon or kids show. that I wouldn't allow.

I grew up in a time when toy guns and toy weapons were a normal part of a boy's life then I became an adult and I own real guns for deer hunting and self defense.

I will allow my son to play with toy guns and toy weapons but I will also instill in him safey, responsiblity and things like that as he grows up then when the time comes to go deer hunting. My son will have known how to handle a real firearm and how to handle a knife appropriately for gutting a deer open or to sharpen his knife with a broken branch off the tree or sharpen the knife with the right kind of stone etc and as he gets alittle older year by year then he will learn more things as his responsiblity and maturity levels grow making a father proud of his son. He will be able to have pictures of his deer hunting trip with me and that buck he bagged will be very good because these days schools do not allow teenage boys to learn gun safety and fundamentals as well as taking hunter's education classes. Everything has gotten too politically correct these days. Don't believe the hype. Yes, gun accidents do happen but not as frequently as the media would have you believe. The media always has to overplay everything. I am not gonna fall for it. I will continue to teach my son the good things I was taught with and the American values that will be passed down to him will be invaluable and you can't put a price on that. Moral values, The Bible readings every night, working hard , physical calithensics etc.

interesting,Heath.... i don't allow any real guns at my house. I don't like the general idea about "hunting" (for our foods thats understandable) but as for my kids if they re in their adults, and nothing i can do about it.

SherryCherish said:
interesting.. the fact i don't understand the part about my friend, who don't believes in guns or water gun but let her son to watch violent cartoons. But he surely crazy about acts being violence just like it.

Which, I wouldn't allow my kids to watch Power Rangers, seen alots of kids into violent from it. Or any kinds of cartoon or kids show. that I wouldn't allow.

Ok I know you wouldn't allow your kids to watch Power Rangers. Thats what happened to my eldest nephew whose his step father and real mother to allow to watch it. It affected him to learn how to use real gun to use to kill.. When he was in jr high school and he got real pissed off at his old friends, he carried guns (real) and tried to trick the ppls in his jr high school. Thats what affect him doing that. His real mother and step father found out and put him in jail. And then thats how it got him became to be a father at young age. I suggest you to not allow him to see any movies or games or toys to use. I dunno wanna him to feel affect that..

omg! that scary part. I do know few kids does doing real like to fights just like Power Rangers. They always say that I'm power ranger!, good enough they hurted other kids. I kept to peach at their parents about it. They kept say i know, and won't let them watch, but when i come over. Still they watch it. It made me mad but let it go cuz its their kids, theres nothing i can control or punish. If its my house, I would not allow. It sad to see parents let them watch that thing!

I never really liked Power Rangers at all and hmm my husband and I agree for our kids to take up Tae Kwon classes when they are a bit older.. to learn how to protect themselves and self dicisplence (sp?)

I dont allow any toy weapons but he got some watergun for his birthday from his dad. GRRRRRRRRRRRRR I told him not to anymore. He does watch voilence shows before but now I have blocked the shows on him. He knows why. I am gotta put him back into karate class again. Oh boy.

I have the water gun with pumps for my son. He does that all the time around the water or the swimming pool. I think it was more fun to squirt water at someone.

But I don't allow any real weapons at home like guns, pistols or swords. FORGET IT!!! That stuffs stay out!!!

i dont allow my kids have them cuz of i dont wanna them think it okay to have it in future forget it..

I am total against any toy weapons in the house eg toy guns etc...I never really like them and the boys get very aggressive with them. I have seen it with my nephew who is three. He loves toy guns and my girls hate it and they are terrified because he click the toy guns and the sound of it frightened my 16 months old baby. Water guns are okay. I think they are fun but not toy guns.

Our fundraising supply warehouses has toy weapons. Some are like 1/3 of the whole warehouses with all different kinds of guns real and futuristic. Here in Santa Ana is a huge market for toy weapons. Unfortunately we dont sell them because it dont make us look good.

Heath said:
I grew up in a time when toy guns and toy weapons were a normal part of a boy's life then I became an adult and I own real guns for deer hunting and self defense.

I will allow my son to play with toy guns and toy weapons....
What about your daughter? :D

When I was a kid, I watched all the classic Western shows on TV every Saturday. I had a toy rifle (that cocked like the Rifleman's did), toy double six-shooters with holsters, a real jack knife, toy bow and arrows, and a wooden pirate sword. My favorite was a metal belt buckle that had a small derringer in it. It just looked like a decoration, but you could either remove it and shoot it, or if you "pooched" your tummy out quickly, it made the gun swing out on a hinge and shoot! It had caps with it, so it was very cool.

We never forbid our daughter playing with toy weapons. We also let our grandsons have toy weapons (with permission from our daughter). They are not too interested in guns yet; they prefer blow darts and boomerang, or they make "space" weapons out of Tinker Toys and Legos.

I can't stand modern TV cartoons. :ugh:

Reba said:
What about your daughter? :D

When I was a kid, I watched all the classic Western shows on TV every Saturday. I had a toy rifle (that cocked like the Rifleman's did), toy double six-shooters with holsters, a real jack knife, toy bow and arrows, and a wooden pirate sword. My favorite was a metal belt buckle that had a small derringer in it. It just looked like a decoration, but you could either remove it and shoot it, or if you "pooched" your tummy out quickly, it made the gun swing out on a hinge and shoot! It had caps with it, so it was very cool.

We never forbid our daughter playing with toy weapons. We also let our grandsons have toy weapons (with permission from our daughter). They are not too interested in guns yet; they prefer blow darts and boomerang, or they make "space" weapons out of Tinker Toys and Legos.

Yes Reba, My daughter will learn how to shoot a rifle too for deer hunting as well as owning a gun for anti-rape prevention.

Back