Reaction score
I got an e mail friend a friend.....

The NEWS RELEASE

American Association of the Deaf-Blind

American Association of the Deaf-Blind (AADB) is pleased to finally
announce the long-awaited dates and location for the next AADB national
conference. The AADB Board of Directors approved a bid to host the
conference on the beautiful campus of Towson University in Baltimore,
Maryland, June 17-23, 2006. Mark your calendar!

More details about the conference will be available through AADB's
website (www.aadb.org <http://www.aadb.org/> ) and quarterly
publication, The Deaf-Blind American, which is available to AADB
members.

Thank you for your patience and support for AADB. We look forward to
seeing you in 2006!

racheleggert said:
I got an e mail friend a friend.....

The NEWS RELEASE

American Association of the Deaf-Blind

American Association of the Deaf-Blind (AADB) is pleased to finally
announce the long-awaited dates and location for the next AADB national
conference. The AADB Board of Directors approved a bid to host the
conference on the beautiful campus of Towson University in Baltimore,
Maryland, June 17-23, 2006. Mark your calendar!

More details about the conference will be available through AADB's
website (www.aadb.org <http://www.aadb.org/> ) and quarterly
publication, The Deaf-Blind American, which is available to AADB
members.

Thank you for your patience and support for AADB. We look forward to
seeing you in 2006!

Yes I already knew about it...old news to me but I heard rumors this there are competiting with biding for 2008 to be held in somewhere in Texas and Boston, Mass as wait and see...as I learned from Board of AADB

BigSpike said:
Yes I already knew about it...old news to me but I heard rumors this there are competiting with biding for 2008 to be held in somewhere in Texas and Boston, Mass as wait and see...as I learned from Board of AADB

If it in texas in 2008, It can be in either Austin or Lubbock, but doubt about Dallas..... I also can get to eat at Sonic again- YAY!

Had booth at the AADB conference in San Diego last year. Very small event.

Richard

Very small event.
Well that's probaly b/c the number of high functioning db people is relatively low...Many people classifed as deaf-blind may have degenerate disorders (like adrenolekeodystrophy or infantile Refsum's disease) or be the stereotypical severely-profoundly affected people who have ten billion medical problems) or have things like Down's Syndrome or Trisomy 13.

No small event

I was at the AADB conference in San Diego last year. It was a wonderful experience and meeting all kinds of people from DB people, their support staff, and more.
For every db person who attended, two support people goes with them to guide and to describe the surrondings making the conference experience more meaningful. Seems alot to me but can be percieved as a small conference but is alot of delegates, plus SSPs, staff, officers and so on. There were different events or workshops going on.
I used to be involved with the db community for years and got to meet old friends at the event. It was a wonderful memory not to be forgotten.
Volunteering to be a Support Service Provider for a db person is a great way to experience the conference itself. The db person pays but the SSPs get in for free. No kidding here. For those who are interested, one can inquire at address in the post abou the AADB conference.
Just letting you know...
Blue120 :)

Well, last years AADB convention was bigger than the National Federation of the Blind of California convention that was just held in Oct. The AADB convention was more educational for me, though the NFBC convention was interesting. As for Deaf-Blind people going to conventions in general there is the problem first of all that they must pay and many are on a fixed income. That and the number of qualified SSP's is limited. Thought I would add my 2 cents. I have not been to many conventions. I really did enjoy the AADB one though.

Back