A Very Random Question.

EmmaLouz

Reaction score
Does any Members here thats from Atlanta, Georgia went to Atlanta Area School For The Deaf (AASD)? Was just wondering about this

I am from Florida, sorry. :( I just wanted to reply because the thread looked lonely and empty.... :D

i know it really is, hadnt been there since last year in July, always fun to go there :)

Ugh, today was hot as all get out.... :mad: Georgia has a nice climate... haven't been to Georgia to visit ever, just to pass through on the way out. :P

that stinks! the climate here changes alot sometime it gets annoying! have you been to Panama City Beach?

I've been almost everywhere in Florida just about, including Panama City Beach. :P I can't say I've been to a lot of the boonies places, though. :laugh2: But I try to make it a point on the weekends to take my motorcycle and go on random trips to places. Though it was so hot yesterday I think I'll be putting that on hold for a month or two! Good grief! :shock:

i was gonna say have you met a man in his late 60s with a ragtail works for Hawii Tropic by the name of Dan Adams since EVERYONE knows Dan Adams in Panama City! haha!! but anyway oh fun, yeah maybe since its gotten very hot these days

I think Florida is going to melt away.... That's its plan... .:ugh:

Yeah, I have been once or twice, definitely don't go on the regular. :P

haha! it might just! lol you will just have to come to Ga for the never ending winter!! lol

it would have been awkward between us if you said Yes! lol haha! i love that city

Well see, you just have to make a trip down here to melt then. :P I wouldn't do so well in Gorgia... I am too "free minded" and far too "Open lesbian" for Georgia.... within 20 minutes of entering that state I'd be chased out with pitchforks and torches... :laugh2: ( Other than Atlanta, I'm safe in Atlanta because they just don't care there. :P ) :laugh2: I'm referring to the outer lands outside of the city where the cows roam and the billboard signs advertise things we can't speak of in the forum... :shock: Yeah.... I stopped for gas in Georgia once ( BFE ), it didn't go well... ( Covered in tattoos and piercings ) :ugh:

haha! i might just have do that one day but i know i am sticking to the pool! not an ocean girl i will and Refuse to go into the ocean at all! not gonna happend! Nope nope never will! lol. mm..i live on the open land on the country side with the cows ;-) lol Atlanta is way to crazy and crowded for me. oh boy, well its good thing yoy took off from that gas station fast then. people are just mean and just crazy

Lol I didn't take off in a hurry, I'm not going to be bullied into being scared from anyone or anything. I took my sweet time and let them sit there and stare! Stare away jerks... stare.... away. :squint: I refuse to let my Deafness, tattoos, piercings, Ethnicity or whatever let people make me feel uncomfortable. I will sit there and stare right back at them! :squint: Sometimes until they feel uncomfortable and leave.... Bullies! I refuse to let people like that get away with stuff... no way. Atlanta is pretty uncomfortable... driving through it made me want to die.... :laugh2:

good for you! if people cant take it then screw them and they can get over it. you are who you are and if idiots cant handle it well then screw them!

Atlanta is way to much traffic my deaf school was up in Atlanta so image me sitting in a bus in traffic for hours! cranky tired and just Ugh!

Emma, did you go to the Atlanta Area School For The Deaf all your life? Can you share some of your experiences going to a School for the Deaf?

Emma, did you go to the Atlanta Area School For The Deaf all your life? Can you share some of your experiences going to a School for the Deaf?

started going there in 94 or 95 at 5 years old and been there for about twelve years left the end of my freshman year in highschool to transfer to another schoolm so yeah pretty much my whole life almost. its a preschool through 12th grade school and i had alot of experiences going there.

the teachers were great and i loved it couldnt complain at all. i pretty much learned how to do everything there from learning how to sign in pre-k to speech therapy it was great, it was like my second home. alot of the kids i knew i grew up with. it was the one thing i was very comfortable at doing. get to learn something new everyday had alot of fieldtrips growing up did alot of events, school plays proms, there wasnt anything i could change about it.

started going there in 94 or 95 at 5 years old and been there for about twelve years left the end of my freshman year in highschool to transfer to another schoolm so yeah pretty much my whole life almost. its a preschool through 12th grade school and i had alot of experiences going there.

the teachers were great and i loved it couldnt complain at all. i pretty much learned how to do everything there from learning how to sign in pre-k to speech therapy it was great, it was like my second home. alot of the kids i knew i grew up with. it was the one thing i was very comfortable at doing. get to learn something new everyday had alot of fieldtrips growing up did alot of events, school plays proms, there wasnt anything i could change about it.

That's great to hear you had a great experience going to a School for the Deaf. One big advantage for Deaf people in attending a School for the Deaf from an early age is that they can make friends that they will continue to be around from elementary school to high school. This is not really that common in the hearing world because some students in an elementary school may be sent to a different middle school than others due to where they live. This is not the case for Deaf people.

That's great to hear you had a great experience going to a School for the Deaf. One big advantage for Deaf people in attending a School for the Deaf from an early age is that they can make friends that they will continue to be around from elementary school to high school. This is not really that common in the hearing world because some students in an elementary school may be sent to a different middle school than others due to where they live. This is not the case for Deaf people.

true, i grew up with the same kids i had in my class my whole life and some are still close to this day and still keep in touch through facebook. i know few hearing people that are still friends with the people they knew in elementary middle and highschool still all very close.

Back