A Thread About Absolutely Nothing! Part III

I skipped Superbowl because I knew Pats would win. Heard it was boring.

So, I finally watched Netflix's YOU. Oh, man. All main characters are crazy, especially Peach! Joe, Joe, what the heck did you see in Beck? Why her? You should have listened to Benji in the first place.

Joe, you are crazy psychopath.

Lake Tahoe has been getting a lot of snow... this is from FB... a driver posted this picture on how tall the snow is... :)

Yes, this has been a nasty winter up here in the north Midwest. Snow higher than my head in some areas. Makes it hard for driving around.

It snowed again last night and I have two appointments tomorrow. Woot

Oh bartenderrrrr? Hit Me!! :razz:

800px_COLOURBOX2079491.jpg

:whistle:

I finally finished watching Netflix's Crime Diaries: The Candidate. Not sure why Netflix called it 'The Candidate' instead of Colosio. It's about the presidential candidate named Colosio was assassinated in Tijuana, Mexico in 1994. I do remember that day when I lived in Mexico. 1994 was the darkest year in Mexico. His death changed the entire Mexican history. I believe his death was one of the factors that lead to the end of 71 years PRI political party's rule over the Mexican government later. Colosio's widow has always been on my mind for long time since I was a teen.

If you're a history buff of the assassination of JFK and conspiracy theories, you will want to see this. It's very similar. I suspect the members of PRI were involved in his death, but I will never know. I personally am not sure former President Carlos Salinas was involved with his death, but I am biased because of my father's diplomatic connections with him. I hope the Mexican government will reopen the case again. I have to say the show was not entirely accurate. Just mostly. I am impressed they also showed actual documented scenes, including the assassination of Colosio. I must warn it's graphic.

I finally finished watching Netflix's Crime Diaries: The Candidate. Not sure why Netflix called it 'The Candidate' instead of Colosio. It's about the presidential candidate named Colosio was assassinated in Tijuana, Mexico in 1994. I do remember that day when I lived in Mexico. 1994 was the darkest year in Mexico. His death changed the entire Mexican history. I believe his death was one of the factors that lead to the end of 71 years PRI political party's rule over the Mexican government later. Colosio's widow has always been on my mind for long time since I was a teen.

If you're a history buff of the assassination of JFK and conspiracy theories, you will want to see this. It's very similar. I suspect the members of PRI were involved in his death, but I will never know. I personally am not sure former President Carlos Salinas was involved with his death, but I am biased because of my father's diplomatic connections with him. I hope the Mexican government will reopen the case again. I have to say the show was not entirely accurate. Just mostly. I am impressed they also showed actual documented scenes, including the assassination of Colosio. I must warn it's graphic.

I've watched few JFK movies.. I vaguely remember about the assassination in Mexico in 1994. I was junior in high school at that time. I could imagine the darkest year in Mexico just like it did with JFK for USA. I may take a look sometime... I'm not surprised about conspiracy theories out there... there is so many of them out there from President Assassination to Space Shuttle Challenger.

I've watched few JFK movies.. I vaguely remember about the assassination in Mexico in 1994. I was junior in high school at that time. I could imagine the darkest year in Mexico just like it did with JFK for USA. I may take a look sometime... I'm not surprised about conspiracy theories out there... there is so many of them out there from President Assassination to Space Shuttle Challenger.

Netflix's Colosio feels like a mix of Kevin Costner's JFK and Gary Sinise's George Wallace. It's a political thriller. 1994 was the worst year ever for Mexico. For instance, NAFTA was born in 1994 and Mexico opened the door to foreign investors. But many Mexicans split their decision over NAFTA. Zapatista Army rebels fought for their cause against the government and even kidnapped a former governor. So many things happened that affected the Mexican economy and foreign investors's decisions lead to high risk assets. $$$$!

Couple of months later after Colosio's death, former President Carlos Salina's brother in law, Massieu was gunned down in his car in the middle of the day. It wasn't that far from my private school. Massieu was a former governor and secretary general of the PRI. His death was never solved, either. It was widely believed Carlos Salinas's wacko brother, Raul was involved with his death. So, the Mexican economic crisis was bad at the end of the same year. Kaboom.

Back