A Thread About Absolutely Nothing! Part III

What's wrong with getting them resoled? If boots are in good shape (other than sole) and you like them, why not?

Are you saying 75 dollars are too high?

Keep in mind it has been few years since I bought a pair.. Maybe that is low price now for boots.. :dunno:

What's wrong with getting them resoled? If boots are in good shape (other than sole) and you like them, why not?
I ain't wearing boots that has couple years of stink in it :lol:

I prefer a nice new pair of boots and then donate it when it's time for new one.

Are you saying 75 dollars are too high?
low. $75 around here is usually crappy and uncomfortable... and also typical price range for "unwanted" boots :lol:

I was expecting $100-range or a little more for a good pair of goretex comfortable boots. I always buy my boots with discount.

I ain't wearing boots that has couple years of stink in it :lol:

I prefer a nice new pair of boots and then donate it when it's time for new one.

low. $75 around here is usually crappy and uncomfortable. I was expecting $100-range or a little more for a good pair of goretex comfortable boots. I always buy my boots with discount.

Make sense for older boots.

I'm not surprised about price. Like I said, if want good and comfortable boots, gotta pay the $$ for them.

Make sense for older boots.

I'm not surprised about price. Like I said, if want good and comfortable boots, gotta pay the $$ for them.

price's WORTH it especially if it's in $100-range. Lasts much longer, has grippy sole, waterproof even in few inches of water and it's daggone comfortable. I think my boots are about 3 years old now.

3 years sounds about right.

I know my uncle would buy boots and first thing he does is fill up tub with water. Puts boots on and step into the tub.. then wears boots till they are dry. :)

Now that I can wear jeans to work, I probably will buy more jeans and boots and wear those to work along with nice button shirts..

Last edited:
Speaking of footwear, I finally gave in and bought 3 pairs of high priced shoes for work because mjy feet n.o longer can handle the cheap shoes now. Wore one of them this week and wow, what a huge improvement!

Now it's official! I'm frustrated!

My right shoe squeaks each time I take a step..

Tonight, I found out that Nike has two year warrenty on their shoes and would repair or place if got a problem.. So I grabbed my shoes and looked at tag to find the date.. What did I see..??

It was made on October 1, 2009! Argh!!!

:laugh2: :laugh2:....OH...my bad!..Sorry about those "squeeky" shoes...Maybe there's a mouse in ur shoe?

Speaking of footwear, I finally gave in and bought 3 pairs of high priced shoes for work because mjy feet n.o longer can handle the cheap shoes now. Wore one of them this week and wow, what a huge improvement!

that's the cheapest way to go.... because imagine how much your medical expense will be just from wearing cheap footwear for years - the chiropractor, podiatrist, pain medications, etc....

That's why I'm always willing to pay extra just for comfort. I saw a huge reduction in my medical expense cuz I have a bad back. I haven't seen doctor for a few years now. :cool2:

and yes you may have :cool2: just for today but I'll need it back by end of today :cool2:

my cousin who had just gotten married w weeks ago is a podaarist said the same thing u just said, Jiro.

Family is begging me to get dinner started now. I told them to wait another 45 minutes. Mean ole me!!

Cant wait until hubby gets off work and we can watch the Baltimore game

I just touched the whole side of my right arm on the inside of the hot oven door as I removed a cake. :(

Icing a burn doesn't really seem to help as much as I would like.

I just touched the whole side of my right arm on the inside of the hot oven door as I removed a cake. :(

OUCH!! Hope you will be ok. How bad is it??

I discovered a candy website that imports candy and drinks from USA :) May buy some to try out

OUCH!! Hope you will be ok. How bad is it??

I don't know. It hurts, and there is one line that feels like it may be a blister, so I guess that made more contact than the rest of my arm.

My daughter is an RN now, so if it seems to get worse I can ask her to come over and look at it.

NO! NO! You're supposed to ice the cake, not your arm.

Seriously, hope the ice works. Don't hesitate to see a doctor if the skin shows signs of blistering.

I don't know. It hurts, and there is one line that feels like it may be a blister, so I guess that made more contact than the rest of my arm.

My daughter is an RN now, so if it seems to get worse I can ask her to come over and look at it.

My mother started out as an RN.. she is now and ARNP.
It is always nice to have someone in the family with a medical background.

NO! NO! You're supposed to ice the cake, not your arm.

Seriously, hope the ice works. Don't hesitate to see a doctor if the skin shows signs of blistering.

:lol: Ok. I will also try to remember that advice if I ever get the courage to make another cake.

Burns are the worst...they keep on hurting for hours! Hope you feel better soon!

Back