A Thread About Absolutely Nothing! Part III

Cheetah, did you miss this?

Sorry about that. Just tired of all the parents coming in here trying to portray theirselves as a savior to the deaf children they carry.

Cheetah, did you miss this?

No CSign, I didn't miss it. I just had a different take on it. I still think the self back slapping is funny. I'm almost jealous that it wasn't used on me.

I'm sorry CSign, I know you take this seriously. I know you are very protective of your child. You are allowed to laugh sometimes at the pure silliness that goes on here. Sometimes it's ok to just let it go.

No CSign, I didn't miss it. I just had a different take on it. I still think the self back slapping is funny. I'm almost jealous that it wasn't used on me.

I'm sorry CSign, I know you take this seriously. I know you are very protective of your child. You are allowed to laugh sometimes at the pure silliness that goes on here. Sometimes it's ok to just let it go.

I found it funny when I posted it. But some people are just destined to be debbie downers.

A random tidbit - the highest % of people reporting posts here are hearing.

Fact: Hearing people get more offended than the deaf in general.

Not surprising there. I would tell them to lighten up, but I'm lazy.

I just got a call from the PTA President that my son won and his project is moving on to the next level! Very exciting for him, and I am one proud mama

Congratulations to your son winning this project, and may he have many more
wins in the future!

I am sure every mama and daddy would be equally mighty proud of their child's success! :)

Fuzzy

Fact: hearing people on AD are more abused than the deaf, and the deaf get away with it.
The hearing or even hoh or simply those branded 'audist'- never.

Example- me being insulted by being called FuzzySack, FuzzyBallSack flat and straight out quite recently and nobody bats an eye.
Not even the moderators.

I went out of line once, indirectly, APOLOGIZED right away, and got banned for two weeks right away anyway. How neutral....

Ironic, isn't it?

Fuzzy

Congratulations to your son winning this project, and may he have many more
wins in the future!

I am sure every mama and daddy would be equally mighty proud of their child's success! :)

Fuzzy

Thank you Fuzzy! He worked very hard on it, so the fact that he was so proud made it that much better.

Just wanted to give a little update: I just got a call from the PTA President that my son won and his project is moving on to the next level! Very exciting for him, and I am one proud mama :applause:

Congratulations your son! He must be so proud!

How about doing this project too?

4608967.png

Holy sh*t PFH. We encourage CSign participate fun/light threads and then we straight rude her when she try? She come here proud mama brag on her son, nothing about hearing involved. Can you just put CSign ignore if you dislike her this much? No reason be this rude her.

Would like to try to convince the honey that since there are 4 stories in my house, and there are 5 cats, that makes 1.25 cats per story. Therefore, I think there's room for more.

(He disagrees. How can he ??!!)

I like the way you rationalize.:giggle:

Congratulations your son! He must be so proud!

Thank you very much Sunny! He was beaming with pride. Art has always been one if his passions and strengths.

Holy sh*t PFH. We encourage CSign participate fun/light threads and then we straight rude her when she try? She come here proud mama brag on her son, nothing about hearing involved. Can you just put CSign ignore if you dislike her this much? No reason be this rude her.

My sentiments exactly. :ty:

Just wanted to give a little update: I just got a call from the PTA President that my son won and his project is moving on to the next level! Very exciting for him, and I am one proud mama :applause:

Congratulations to your son! Is it a statewide competition?

I found it funny when I posted it. But some people are just destined to be debbie downers.

A random tidbit - the highest % of people reporting posts here are hearing.

Not surprising there. I would tell them to lighten up, but I'm lazy.

Doesn't surprise me in the least. That is exactly what I have seen in real practice here. I think they are suffering from culture shock. Deaf people are treated badly by the hearing on a daily basis, yet the hearing expect to come into an environment where Deaf culture thrives and be welcome with open arms. I find the hearies to be far more rude than the Deaf here. I wish I had a nickle for everytime a hearie told a deaf person that they were wrong about something to do with their deafness, or discounted a deaf person's experience, or try to play the expert after having been the parent of a deaf kid for 4 or 5 years and trump the deaf adult's lifelong experience.

The hearies seem to want to be able to behave anyway they choose and not be called on it. Well, sorry about that. They are on Deaf turf now. They don't get to make the rules.

Congratulations to your son! Is it a statewide competition?

:ty: Bott! It is actually a national competition, but it starts at the school level. So, now his project moves on to the district level. It may or may not go to the State level, but that doesn't matter so much. What matters is that he worked very hard on it, and was proud of the result. It was just the "cherry on top" that he won.

Doesn't surprise me in the least. That is exactly what I have seen in real practice here. I think they are suffering from culture shock. Deaf people are treated badly by the hearing on a daily basis, yet the hearing expect to come into an environment where Deaf culture thrives and be welcome with open arms. I find the hearies to be far more rude than the Deaf here. I wish I had a nickle for everytime a hearie told a deaf person that they were wrong about something to do with their deafness, or discounted a deaf person's experience, or try to play the expert after having been the parent of a deaf kid for 4 or 5 years and trump the deaf adult's lifelong experience.

The hearies seem to want to be able to behave anyway they choose and not be called on it. Well, sorry about that. They are on Deaf turf now. They don't get to make the rules.

I know, I know. Their fault, really, for making me this tired.

Back