A Thread About Absolutely Nothing! Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope hear you feeling better! soon well

Thanks..I am soooooo grumpy right now. Hoping AD would keep my mind off of my moodiness.

Thanks..I am soooooo grumpy right now. Hoping AD would keep my mind off of my moodiness.

I'm sure AD isn't helping since (won't say name here) is being mentioned all over the place now..

*ducks and runs away*

But, isn't that normal for Southern Florida this time of year? You guys stay pretty warm year round, right?

We get extremes here in AR. In January we were buried under 8 inches of snow, in June and July we were having a record heat wave and drought with record breaking temperatures.

Right now we are a little warmer than normal. We should be in the 70's in the evenings and the 80's during the day. We get really cool starting in November and up to March, then it's back to warm and hot.

I'm sure AD isn't helping since (won't say name here) is being mentioned all over the place now..

*ducks and runs away*

Have no idea what you are talking about. Nobody on AD is pissing me off now. Actually, it has been fun and relaxing since I signed on.

Got a call today from someone my daughter spoke to on the phone. They wanted to know why I was not forcing her to go to speech therapy and why did I allow her to answer the phone.

She is 17 and for the most part, one on one, in person, most (90%) people can understand her. I feel she needs the experience of dealing with phone calls and taking messages. As for speech therapy, am I wrong for not forcing her? She spent years taking it and got better. She is regressing a little each day. We work with her at home until she gets too frustrated and storms off. I don't want an angry teenager at home. So, am I wrong to not push the speech therapy? Am I wrong to have her learn to deal with the phone?

whoa I am headache pretty reduce on lots of project! Update I am work Pretty tough! I am heavy!

New project: Fingerspelling while walking-instead of just in dreams. Watch for traffic as well.- Multitasking!

Implanted A B Harmony activated Aug/07

Last edited:
New project: Fingerspelling while walking-instead of dreaming.
Multitasking!

Implanted A B Harmony activated Aug/07

Have you been dreaming while you walked before? With ur eyes closed?....Now ur finger-spelling while walking instead of dreaming?....

Got a call today from someone my daughter spoke to on the phone. They wanted to know why I was not forcing her to go to speech therapy and why did I allow her to answer the phone.

She is 17 and for the most part, one on one, in person, most (90%) people can understand her. I feel she needs the experience of dealing with phone calls and taking messages. As for speech therapy, am I wrong for not forcing her? She spent years taking it and got better. She is regressing a little each day. We work with her at home until she gets too frustrated and storms off. I don't want an angry teenager at home. So, am I wrong to not push the speech therapy? Am I wrong to have her learn to deal with the phone?

At that age you should be able to do pretty much what you want. I think you are 100% right. give her life experience is more valuable than sheltering her.

I have found that while finger spelling, I tend to mentally say the letters I am spelling and I know that's wrong. So, I am now reciting some little ditty to myself while finger spelling different words and names. I am doing to to train myself not to think "K-R-I-S-T-I-N-A", instead it's reciting a poem, or words to a song, or talking to the cat while spelling my name. Drives the family nuts, but hey, it works for me and now I can finger spell a lot without having to think of the letters.

I am pretty busy on time I am hard work because maitence! I found it rogers decuation I aware it! It is very stranger! I don't know figure out find out! I aware it!

who is he exactly?

perhaps I should start planning ahead now... I'll be in Richmond, VA in couple weeks - October 12th till 15th for business conference. Wondering if there's any ADers around! or deaf event :wave:

who is he exactly?

He was an old friend from Missouri. He was around for most of what we went through with my daughter, so he knows of her speech problems. I just thought it was very surprising to me. Most of the people from around here, when they call and she answers, they have no problem. Neither one of my brothers can understand her, but my uncles in Indiana and NJ do. Basically a mixed bag.

Ha! I made the last post! :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back