A Thread About Absolutely Nothing! Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do, but I don't think it was poison ivy. I got into something else and already today my leg looks normal so it was a short-lived incident!!! :)

I think I got into poison ivy. If so, this would be the first time. Drat the forest I live in :lol:

"Late at night....when ur sleepin'....poison ivy comes a creepin' around"...try not to scratch and if you do, keep ur fingers out of ur eyes...

Been searching and searching for a thread that I know was posted here on AD. It was a recipe for Veggie burgers that Mrs. B posted. I can't seem to find it anywhere and I lost my copy with a hard drive crash a while back. May have to search Google to find a recipe.

I think that the scammer on facebook doesn't do sarcasm. So, I told him that he was a pain in the ass.

My teenagers (a sophomore & a junior) coming home everyday from school in a "grouchy" mood...."It was a hard day! I'm so tired! I've got a headache!"...When asked "what's for dinner?", and I reply...one says "sounds good!"...the other makes a "yucky face"....

If I said "let's all go out to BK for dinner"....then their headaches would cease...and they would be running out to the car...."I'm not tired!"...Feel like (sometimes) smacking them in the head with a frying pan and telling them to make their own dinner. :ty:

My head feels like its going to fall off:giggle: Study! Study!

Been searching and searching for a thread that I know was posted here on AD. It was a recipe for Veggie burgers that Mrs. B posted. I can't seem to find it anywhere and I lost my copy with a hard drive crash a while back. May have to search Google to find a recipe.

Found it!!! I found one with a lot of variations, and I also found Mrs B's recipe. Makes for a good day for me now. :D

Last year you had oodles of snow days and even had some days waived, now you are starting school late possibly because of the hurricane?

Man, you're gonna be going year-round this year to make the days up I'm afraid. :shock:

Now, we got one make up day today but it could be waived due to the state declaring a state of emergency. However, tmw we will open. Finally!

Now, we got one make up day today but it could be waived due to the state declaring a state of emergency. However, tmw we will open. Finally!

Not bad, but I'm hoping you don't get slammed with another blizzard this year like you did last year. Now THAT would be apocalypse! (Extreme heat wave, earthquake, hurricane, AND blizzard all in one year) :shock:x10

I was happy yesterday when temperatures were in the 60's degrees. I can't wait for autumn!

I was helping a neighbor today with her computer and she made a comment that really got to me. I hear it so often and she is just so heartbroken, she's not sure what to do.

She says she admits to forgetting that I an deaf. She will call the house and daughter will take the calls. This lady always forgets that I don't use the phone. She feels that she should remember something as simple as my hearing loss, but she says, because I am so patient with her and I have such clear speech, she thinks that's why she forgets. I don't have the heart to tell her that it made be due to the two TIA's she had. She does suffer from memory loss and makes lists like crazy to remind herself.

I guess I could be bothered by what she said, but I know she has an underlying condition that prevents her from remembering. My family on the other hand, live with me day in and day out. You would think they could remember it. My mother forgets all the time. Kids are good about it. Hubby is less forgetful, but still forgets. MIL does not try at all. Then, there's my brothers, who do not live with us, but they know what I went through growing up, so you would think they get it, but they don't. They would rather not deal with me at all, and I think "That's their loss".

Kristina, I am 17 when my mother look funny at me. She talk to me, say why you not answer, then say oh! I forget you deaf! Lol.

Is not personal. I think it means they see us as Kristina and Sunshine, not Kristina-Deaf and Sunshine-Deaf. Good thing!

whoot start 9,000 posts :lol: I am hard work posts pretty continue keep I am very impressive slow on sound fast!

Travis: Congratulations! Next goal exceed Jillio.

Implanted A B Harmony activated Aug/07

Travis: Congratulations! Next goal exceed Jillio.

Implanted A B Harmony activated Aug/07

Dude, you really need to stop obsessing about me. You include my screen name in nearly every post you make.:laugh2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back