A Thread About Absolutely Nothing! Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did not even realize that I passed my 5000th post. This is #5026.

Waiting to go out to dinner with my stepmother. And wishing I had more umbrellas. It is raining a lot and we just managed to break two in the last month.

Found this great Farmer's Market real close to us. It is vegetable only and they are wonderful. I got this package of 15 zucchini squash that looked like they were mishandled and really picked over. The employees took these and trimmed them up and put 12-15 of them in a package for $1. Bell peppers for $.99 a pound and things like that. All of it is locally grown. All the employees are of Latino descent so it's hard to understand them, but if your have a question about a vegetable you've never heard of, they will help you and provide cooking help and recipes. This afternoon, I got 5 bags of produce, 18 different things, all for $12.78.

Found this great Farmer's Market real close to us. It is vegetable only and they are wonderful. I got this package of 15 zucchini squash that looked like they were mishandled and really picked over. The employees took these and trimmed them up and put 12-15 of them in a package for $1. Bell peppers for $.99 a pound and things like that. All of it is locally grown. All the employees are of Latino descent so it's hard to understand them, but if your have a question about a vegetable you've never heard of, they will help you and provide cooking help and recipes. This afternoon, I got 5 bags of produce, 18 different things, all for $12.78.

Good shopping!

Nice prices

I'm looking forward to trying new fruits and vegetables. Maybe in a few weeks.

Sounds like a good deal, Botts!

I always like good deals like that :)

Yup, thats why i recommend farmers market :)

i miss my farmers market...we moved back to the lil house in the country and its to far to drive to the farmers market i liked..there isnt one here...if you are ever living in Lansing, MI...Horrocks is an awesome farmers market!!and they let you get your own FREE gourmet coffee while you shope..:) its really good..and all their stuff is really fresh, so it wont be on your counter two days later rotten like if you would have bought it at walmart...:S

See if I can do this without daughter reading over my shoulder again.

The kitten we were supposed to get from a friend did not survive the neutering. He developed an infection that eventually killed him. So, we are on the hunt again. Son looked in yesterday's paper and there is a 10y/o deaf male cat looking for a home. We are going to call on it. Other than that, he is also going to call on another that is a female, orange kitten. Have to check that they are litter box trained. The ad for the deaf cat says he can only be in a one pet household, so we really have to think about that. All have been spayed or neutered and all have their shots up to date.

See if I can do this without daughter reading over my shoulder again.

The kitten we were supposed to get from a friend did not survive the neutering. He developed an infection that eventually killed him. So, we are on the hunt again. Son looked in yesterday's paper and there is a 10y/o deaf male cat looking for a home. We are going to call on it. Other than that, he is also going to call on another that is a female, orange kitten. Have to check that they are litter box trained. The ad for the deaf cat says he can only be in a one pet household, so we really have to think about that. All have been spayed or neutered and all have their shots up to date.

oh my.... how old was the kitten?

oh my.... how old was the kitten?

12 weeks. Seems 2 or 3 others in the litter also did not survive the neutering. All the girls (3) survived. The boys just weren't healthy enough or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back