A Thread About Absolutely Nothing! Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bajagal,
I'm really sorry your having a sucky week. I hope you start feeling better soon! :hug:

Kristina,
OK, that clarifies it. I just assumed that since everyone was living in the same house, everyone was sharing all of the utilities including phone, Internet, and cable. OK. I understand on being short on cash. Right now I have a whopping $20 to my name after all the bills I had to pay this week. Oh well. I will make a trip to CoinStar and dump my change in the machine to see how much I get back. I can turn around and use that cash as spending money for a little while until I can get things back in order.

If you have a large amount of change, keep any quarters and dimes that were made pre 1964, and nickels 1942-1945 if you happen to find these.

I didn't know that either! So if I found a nickel from that era, what would I do with it to maximize any financial potential out of it?

I didn't know that either! So if I found a nickel from that era, what would I do with it to maximize any financial potential out of it?

They were made with 35% silver, so about $2.25 in melt value - I would either keep it hoping silver prices will go up or sell it. They go on ebay for about $2 normally... Depending on the condition.. up to $50 won't surprise me.

I've got a jar full of silver money that my dad gave me. He liked to collect them. He also gave me a mint set for my birth year. I confess that I'm not a real collector.

I better check out my coin jar...

I doubt that any of the silver coins are still circulating. Collectors nabbed them decades ago.

They were made with 35% silver, so about $2.25 in melt value - I would either keep it hoping silver prices will go up or sell it. They go on ebay for about $2 normally... Depending on the condition.. up to $50 won't surprise me.

Very cool, thanks for the info. I bet my parents might have a bunch. They are coin collectors. But prolly not enough to make me rich :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back