A Thread About Absolutely Nothing! Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love running!

Wirelessly posted

I need a nap!

I need a nap so I grabbed a donut....shopped for groceries and barely made it into the house before it started pouring cats & dogs...thank the lord for strong teenage boys who don't mind a little rain....

Wirelessly posted

I watched Fried Green Tomatoes for the first time this past weekend :giggle:

That is an awesome movie! I wished I could find it on DVD or Blu-ray.

I was an idiot and laid down on the floor watching a DVD with son, and now my back is out of whack. Darn the fibromyalgia. I managed to get up after crawling over to the couch and slowly going up. Now, I cannot stand up straight and sitting in a chair hurts. All the pain is in my lower back on my right hip. That's where it always goes, but I have no pinched nerve and nothing out of the ordinary.

I was an idiot and laid down on the floor watching a DVD with son, and now my back is out of whack. Darn the fibromyalgia. I managed to get up after crawling over to the couch and slowly going up. Now, I cannot stand up straight and sitting in a chair hurts. All the pain is in my lower back on my right hip. That's where it always goes, but I have no pinched nerve and nothing out of the ordinary.

Your pelvic bones may be out of alignment. A chiropractor can determine it and give you exercises to help alleviate some of the pain. I have scoliosis and my back gives me fits. So far I've forced myself to pop it until it stops hurting. It's probably doing more damage than good, but it's short-term relief without insurance.

In keeping with the Thread's title- hard to discuss "nothing".

Will consider while multitasking swimming- shortly.

Implanted A B Harmony activated Aug/07

Cooked a large Breakfast this morning. Now washing clothes, checking FB and AD. :)

Woke up way too early!....7am on a Sunday morning....(My doggie Anita, with her kisses, saying "I wanna go out").....oh well...just dealt with some ex daughter-in-law problems....*sigh*....(seems the "ex's" never leave you alone!)......vacuumed all the AC filters....and now cooking beef stew (smells delicious)....gonna take a nap, bath and get outside...looks to be a gorgeous day!

Dallas has bad hangover today from barbecue last night. He woke at 5 to throw up.

Funniest story from the barbecue - Fred made fireworks. He lined them up on a piece of wood on a milk crate and lit them all. First one shoots and knocks whole crate over. Fireworks shoot all directions, explode everywhere. One hit the brim on Dallas hat! Everyone run away, except one friend Alisa. We see she is sitting in grass, fireworks all around her, just watching. We all sign "run Alisa!". Very scary then but very funny after!!!

Your pelvic bones may be out of alignment. A chiropractor can determine it and give you exercises to help alleviate some of the pain. I have scoliosis and my back gives me fits. So far I've forced myself to pop it until it stops hurting. It's probably doing more damage than good, but it's short-term relief without insurance.

No bones out of alignment. This happens every morning when I get up or every time I lay down. Doc says it's something I need to get used to. After sitting up in a straight backed chair for about 30 minutes or so, I am fine. IT used to be bad only when the mattress needed to be turned or replaced, but now, it's every single night, even with a new bed. Chiropractor will not touch me with the neuropathy diagnosis.

This is my nephew!! Son just found this article and about wet his britches!!

Vox Magazine - Local DJ Nick Meyer spins smash hits
Local DJ Nick Meyer spins smash hits
Meyer, whose stage name is Dr. Awkward, has earned fans in Columbia, St. Louis and Kansas City
ALLISON PASEK
Nick Meyer, aka Dr. Awkward, DJs every Wednesday at Sideshow concert venue. Before he became involved in the local dubstep scene, Meyer learned to play electric guitar after his father inspired him to pick up the instrument.
BY BLAKE URSCH
JULY 21, 2011 | 12:00 A.M. CST
One dose of booming, manic bassline taken with one dose of catchy, up-tempo smash hit is what DJ Dr. Awkward prescribes his patients. And with credentials that include opening for Pretty Lights and of Montreal as well as being a staple performer at Sideshow (a concert venue on Broadway), his is a name to be trusted.
Meyer’s visibility in the local dubstep scene is increasing; he’s sub-headlining a $25 show with Excision and Diesel Boy at The Blue Note at 7:30 p.m. on Aug. 27.
But members of Dr. Awkward’s growing fanbase in Columbia, St. Louis and Kansas City don’t know that before Nick Meyer, known as Dr. Awkward, was whomping and wobbling his way through the local DJ scene, he was shredding the strings of his electric guitar.
“Honestly, I don’t think I’ve ever seen him play guitar in public,” says friend Gordon Wooldridge, president of the electronic music production company Columbian Dubstep Cartel. “His public persona is definitely as a DJ.”
But Meyer, a 24-year-old Columbia native, hasn’t forgotten his musical roots or the people who inspired him. “(My dad) put a guitar in my hands for the first time when I was 7,” Meyer says. “Both of my parents were shoving music down my throat since, like, day one.”
Meyer’s father, Paul, played an important role in his son’s early musical development. As a child, Paul taught himself to play guitar by listening to and later attempting to imitate songs that his father played around the house — a process Meyer still employs.
With influences that include Stevie Ray Vaughan and Eric Clapton, Meyer worked to hone his guitar skills. He experimented with bands throughout the area and taught himself to play the blues.
In 2007, Wooldridge brought Meyer to a friend’s home, where Meyer was introduced to the artist Bassnectar, which became an inspiration for the fledgling DJ.
“It was like hip-hop on steroids,” Meyer says. “It was kind of like a little ‘in’ to everything else. I started listening to Sound Tribe (Sector 9) and Thievery Corporation.”
The experimental dubstep genre had a huge impact on Meyer and revived his forgotten interest in music production. In 2009, when that same friend needed a place to store his turntables and other equipment, Meyer took advantage of the opportunity by using them to tinker with mixing and altering tracks.
He eventually performed at what he considers his first official show, an outdoor party of about 300 people, and he didn’t look back.
“It kind of hurts going back on it. The last year or so playing guitar was probably the most progress I made. Then it just cut off immediately when I had turntables around,” Meyer says.
But Meyer isn’t ready to leave his old Fender Stratocaster behind just yet. He’s considered blending his old talents with his adopted craft.
Whether or not he incorporates the chords and riffs that he spent hours learning as a child, one thing is for sure: Dr. Awkward is grateful for the experience.
“It’s definitely the best thing that could have happened to me, to be DJing and actually having a basis in other music,” Meyer says.

This is my nephew!! Son just found this article and about wet his britches!!

Vox Magazine - Local DJ Nick Meyer spins smash hits
Local DJ Nick Meyer spins smash hits
Meyer, whose stage name is Dr. Awkward, has earned fans in Columbia, St. Louis and Kansas City
ALLISON PASEK
Nick Meyer, aka Dr. Awkward, DJs every Wednesday at Sideshow concert venue. Before he became involved in the local dubstep scene, Meyer learned to play electric guitar after his father inspired him to pick up the instrument.
BY BLAKE URSCH
JULY 21, 2011 | 12:00 A.M. CST
One dose of booming, manic bassline taken with one dose of catchy, up-tempo smash hit is what DJ Dr. Awkward prescribes his patients. And with credentials that include opening for Pretty Lights and of Montreal as well as being a staple performer at Sideshow (a concert venue on Broadway), his is a name to be trusted.
Meyer’s visibility in the local dubstep scene is increasing; he’s sub-headlining a $25 show with Excision and Diesel Boy at The Blue Note at 7:30 p.m. on Aug. 27.
But members of Dr. Awkward’s growing fanbase in Columbia, St. Louis and Kansas City don’t know that before Nick Meyer, known as Dr. Awkward, was whomping and wobbling his way through the local DJ scene, he was shredding the strings of his electric guitar.
“Honestly, I don’t think I’ve ever seen him play guitar in public,” says friend Gordon Wooldridge, president of the electronic music production company Columbian Dubstep Cartel. “His public persona is definitely as a DJ.”
But Meyer, a 24-year-old Columbia native, hasn’t forgotten his musical roots or the people who inspired him. “(My dad) put a guitar in my hands for the first time when I was 7,” Meyer says. “Both of my parents were shoving music down my throat since, like, day one.”
Meyer’s father, Paul, played an important role in his son’s early musical development. As a child, Paul taught himself to play guitar by listening to and later attempting to imitate songs that his father played around the house — a process Meyer still employs.
With influences that include Stevie Ray Vaughan and Eric Clapton, Meyer worked to hone his guitar skills. He experimented with bands throughout the area and taught himself to play the blues.
In 2007, Wooldridge brought Meyer to a friend’s home, where Meyer was introduced to the artist Bassnectar, which became an inspiration for the fledgling DJ.
“It was like hip-hop on steroids,” Meyer says. “It was kind of like a little ‘in’ to everything else. I started listening to Sound Tribe (Sector 9) and Thievery Corporation.”
The experimental dubstep genre had a huge impact on Meyer and revived his forgotten interest in music production. In 2009, when that same friend needed a place to store his turntables and other equipment, Meyer took advantage of the opportunity by using them to tinker with mixing and altering tracks.
He eventually performed at what he considers his first official show, an outdoor party of about 300 people, and he didn’t look back.
“It kind of hurts going back on it. The last year or so playing guitar was probably the most progress I made. Then it just cut off immediately when I had turntables around,” Meyer says.
But Meyer isn’t ready to leave his old Fender Stratocaster behind just yet. He’s considered blending his old talents with his adopted craft.
Whether or not he incorporates the chords and riffs that he spent hours learning as a child, one thing is for sure: Dr. Awkward is grateful for the experience.
“It’s definitely the best thing that could have happened to me, to be DJing and actually having a basis in other music,” Meyer says.

Very cool! You have a famous relative.

Oh I am thinking of everything and none of it fits here!

Kristina, congratulations to your nephew!! Does he have any music on iTunes I can download??

Oh I am thinking of everything and none of it fits here!

Kristina, congratulations to your nephew!! Does he have any music on iTunes I can download??

Not sure, I will have to check.

finally back at my Mom's house. The trip to Las Vegas and then weekend at my dad's cabin was aweeeesoommmeee!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back