A question to those who travel with laptop.

Wolfboy

Reaction score
I just brought 2 new laptop. My mother is leaving to mexico by plane. She taking the laptops so I was wondering will the security x-rays damage the laptops? Or it should be fine?

Mexico? I would suggest she take the laptops as carry-on and not check-in.

I travel frequently with laptop. I always carry on. However, pain in neck. You will be required to take out the laptop and put in a separate bin. Same with pager, cellphone, dvd player etc.. Then rest in another bin as shoe, bag (keep cord inside bag), etc...

They always ask me to take out my laptop. I dont like it but its their rules. Chicago, Milwaukee, Minneapolis, Tampa, Columbus, St. Louis, Atlanta, Regan Airport (DCA), BWI and IAD Dulles have asked me to do the same. So expect to unload the laptop, they will take care of your laptop.

I just brought 2 new laptop. My mother is leaving to mexico by plane. She taking the laptops so I was wondering will the security x-rays damage the laptops? Or it should be fine?

No, it won't damage the laptops running through the security x-rays. Mine did at least several times and it works fine.

hey about Flash memory (SD, MMC, StickDuo etc..), USB Memory/mass, any Cell/Pager without slot memory (iphone, ipod, etc..) can damage for x-ray?

hey about Flash memory (SD, MMC, StickDuo etc..), USB Memory/mass, any Cell/Pager without slot memory (iphone, ipod, etc..) can damage for x-ray?

No, I don't think so.

Anything like films could be damaged but not too sure about the flash memory but doubt it would damage USB keys and such, etc. Pagers will be fine... I did several times ok.

I don't think there's a chance for it to be damaged. I've brought my sidekick a lot of times and it went through the x-ray. It just works fine and had no damage to it or whatsoever.

If you're not comfortable of the idea letting these items going through the x-ray machine, I'd suggest you to contact them and to find out more information regarding of this.

I dont think anything regarding to these USb disks and other things would be damaged under the X-ray, I believe these are designed to scan these technology safely and carefully.

Back