A Question about Sound and Fury

SJCSue

Reaction score
If I order the DVD directly from the director, is this version longer and/or have more material than the one that Amazon sells? If there are more scenes in this version, what are the extra scenes?

Sue,

Which version of "Sound and Fury" are you referring to?

There are two versions of "Sound and Fury." One is the original "Sound and Fury" and the other is "Sound and Fury: Six Years Later." The latter is 29 minutes in length.

I just checked Amazon and they do not have "Sound and Fury: Six Years Later" so if you are interested in purchasing that, you will have to order it from the director.

Hope this helps! :)

Sue,

Which version of "Sound and Fury" are you referring to?

There are two versions of "Sound and Fury." One is the original "Sound and Fury" and the other is "Sound and Fury: Six Years Later." The latter is 29 minutes in length.

I just checked Amazon and they do not have "Sound and Fury: Six Years Later" so if you are interested in purchasing that, you will have to order it from the director.

Hope this helps! :)

The first one!

Sue,

You might want to e-mail the director to ask about the total running time and compare that with the information given on Amazon.

For those who may be interested, there is a second edition of "Sound and Fury" entitled "Sound and Fury: Six Years Later." It is a continuation of the original "Sound and Fury."

For more information, visit:

Sound and Fury: Six Years Later

You can also find out more by doing a Google search for "Sound and Fury Six Years Later."

The second one is not an exact continuation of the first story... Main characters are not in the 2nd one, just a FYI!

This is what I meant by continuation:

"In this stand-alone follow-up film we learn that Heather finally did get the implant at 9-years-old, as did her two younger brothers, her mother, her deaf aunt and her two deaf cousins. Now 12 and back on Long Island, Heather is the only deaf child in her school." (Quoted from the website given above.)

The second one is not an exact continuation of the first story... Main characters are not in the 2nd one, just a FYI!

You're right, Double... I have both CDs; I think I actually learned more from the first story but it was nice to see that more deaf members of that family "joining in"!

greema,

I haven't seen the second "Sound and Fury." How do the two differ from each other?

Hmmm, it's been a while (and I played that CD on a DVD player that didn't have close-captions). There were a few flashbacks to the first story and it explained how after Heather's parents moved to Maryland (there's a large deaf community there) and her father commuted to work in NY (I think he stayed in NY during work week and was with his family on weekends). Her mother ended up having a breakdown and they finally decided they need to be with their families. Heather was shown enjoying being a teenager and being able to blend in with her hearing friends and her grandmother did some "grandmother/granddaughter" time.
(honestly, I have an horrible memory so if anyone wants to jump in and correct me, I'd appreciate it) :cool:

greema,

Thanks for the information! I'd love to see the DVD sometime! By the way, last year Heather was interviewed on an NPR (National Public Radio) program which discussed CIs. If anyone is interested in reading the text of the interview, let me know and I'll post it here. :)

when i clicked the AD in google section in alldeaf for "sound and fury: 6 years later" i searched and looked around.. the website and was wondering how much it would cost and
i wanted to purchase it, however my shocking moment is that the price is $195 for DVD.. my god just for 30 min document for $195?!?!?!?! other choice is $55 for rental *thud*

DeafSCUBA,

Here is an e-mail I received from the producer of "Sound and Fury: Six Years Later" (Note: This e-mail was written last year.)

Sound and Fury: Six Years Later is available now.

For home use it is $27.00.
The close captioned vhs is available immediately.
The DVD will be ready in about a month.

If you'd like one please send a $27.00 check with your address to:

Josh Aronson
35 East 20th street
NY NY 10003

Thanks for your interest in "Sound & Fury: 6 Years Later"

Josh

**You can also contact Josh Aronson at: aronsonfilms@aol.com

Back