A Poem of Mine

Hear Again

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

This is a poem I wrote about my bipolar. I know it doesn't have anything to do with deafness, but it's something I decided to write to express the feelings I've kept bottled up inside about my diagnosis.

If Bipolar Were A Person

If bipolar were a person,
I'd punch it until I had no more energy left inside.

I'd curse it forever until it chose to hide.

I'd shake it vigorously and ask "Why?!"

I'd shout "Please have mercy! I can no longer fight."

I'd cry a thousand tears over what it left behind.

I'd beg to be given back what was rightfully mine.

I'd exclaim "No! You will NOT defeat me! This is MY life."

I'd remind them that no matter what they do to me, I will survive.

*Hugs* You did very well. I can feel a lot pain in that poem, Hear Again, but you know what I also feel? A lot courage, a lot of strength, and a lot of spirit. "No! You will NOT defeat me! This is MY life." You wrote those words and they are the words of a powerful, beautiful person. Now, don't let them go. You can do it girl.

*Hugs* You did very well. I can feel a lot pain in that poem, Hear Again, but you know what I also feel? A lot courage, a lot of strength, and a lot of spirit. "No! You will NOT defeat me! This is MY life." You wrote those words and they are the words of a powerful, beautiful person. Now, don't let them go. You can do it girl.

:ty: November. I really needed to hear that. :hug:

Nice poem. i am sure lots of people who have similiar experiences as yours would love your poem more. I like the last sentences. it is like, just keep going on and think positive.

Nice poem. i am sure lots of people who have similiar experiences as yours would love your poem more. I like the last sentences. it is like, just keep going on and think positive.

:ty: Frisky. The last line of my poem happens to be my favorite.

I like your poem, thank you for posting it. I'm new to this forum so I don't know you
very well but, in just reading a few lines from this poem you wrote, I feel like I DO
know you, if that makes any sense! Yes, like other posters have said, I feel the
courage coming from you, in that you're saying you WON'T be defeated. Good
luck to you and I hope you keep writing.

Hear Again, that's a great poem. It really conveys the idea of where the person ends and the bipolar begins, and how fuzzy that line is, and therefore how it makes you feel like your identity is stolen, but at the same time you won't let it steal you.

Back