A New Member Approaches!

yukidev

Reaction score
Hello all! My name is Stevie (you can call me Yuki, Stevie, Noodle, whatever is easiest)! I am currently 17 and slightly hard of hearing. I'd like to learn sign language because of this. I've already learned some sign language in the past, but need some refreshers... Maybe someone can help with that? I don't mind giving people my Skype username if it's for becoming friends and practicing ASL. Please email me or comment below if you're interested in being signing friends! Nice to meet you all!
~Stevie

Hi!:) I'm Carolyn and 16. Id love to sign with you. I'm hearing but I do know Sign language, so if you want, we can^^

Hello all! My name is Stevie (you can call me Yuki, Stevie, Noodle, whatever is easiest)! I am currently 17 and slightly hard of hearing. I'd like to learn sign language because of this. I've already learned some sign language in the past, but need some refreshers... Maybe someone can help with that? I don't mind giving people my Skype username if it's for becoming friends and practicing ASL. Please email me or comment below if you're interested in being signing friends! Nice to meet you all!
~Stevie

Excellent...... Might you be interested in something like this? http://www.gallaudet.edu/outreach-p...s/summer-youth-programs/immerse-into-asl.html
Where in Noo Hampster are you? Unfortunatly there's not a lot of resources out there.......I'm thinking that since you're older, you'd want to take more community college style things.... Looking into summer camps for dhh teens (for the ASL immersian) might be a really good idea....Here is a listing: https://www.gallaudet.edu/clerc-cen...l-resources-and-directories/summer-camps.html I know there's a Deaf camp in VT.
http://austinegmlionscamp.wix.com/agmlcamp
I kind of wish that we had it specificly written in the educational mission of Deaf Schools that kids with progressive losses could be allowed to enroll at schools for the Deaf, so they could proactively learn ASL. They have that option at Schools for the Blind, that kids with progressive losses can attend and learn Braille and work on blindness skills.
It can be hard to get placed at a Deaf School.....and I don't think that would even be an option seeing as you're doing very well, and you're also probaly at the end of your academic career. Too bad thou, as a semester or a year at the right Deaf School can be an amazing enrichment.....even for kids who are very strongly academic.

If you would like to sign with me, I am happy to do so! Just send me a PM and I will send you my Skype username.

I do not want to put it here as I'm not an open person to do so because I only like to add friends and family of the ones I talk too!

OK, take care! :D

- MEGATRONICATRON

You should give your Skype address out by private message, not on the open forum. You want to have control over who contacts you.

*snort* Yeah, I wonder if those dhh dudes who used to IM me b/c they were desperate for a girlfriend are still out there.....and if they use Skype.

Back