A Motorcycle Thread About Absolutely Nothing!

I'm hearing some news about Honda African Twin for next year... it's making me giggle.

It may be equipped with DCT... or offer either DCT or manual. I need to test-ride a Honda bike to see what's DCT like.

I'm hearing some news about Honda African Twin for next year... it's making me giggle.

It may be equipped with DCT... or offer either DCT or manual. I need to test-ride a Honda bike to see what's DCT like.

My wife needs DCT since she hate manual.

Interesting.. I hadn't heard of this until now. I'm sure a lot of people would love to forego the clutch, but I'm not one of them :lol: Seriously though, it is intriguing to say the least. I better not say anything about it to my wife or she might make me go out and buy her one :laugh2:

I just installed Barnett Carbon Fiber clutch set w/ Barnett springs. After I put new gasket in then bolted the cover back in. Poured Synthetic 10W40 motorcycle oil in. I test my bike around the block. I noticed big improvement on clutch grips. Right now, after 50 miles of riding, clutch are wonderful and grips so well. Now it's Engine to End drive, no slips in between. I can feel engine power.

After that, I replaced 6 years old battery. Bought it off from Ebay for $29 with free Sh/H. Now I have to worry about replacing both tires.

I will be moving to Lansing, KS soon and it's semi-rural area with quick access to K-7 HWY. I'm excited to move in new home with nice small waterfall garden in front. Lasing and Leavenworth have many bikers out there. It would be cool to see them roaming around small town.

Catty

I wish I had all those paint equipments to paint my bike. I might have to go for rattle can paint w/ sandpaper and clear gloss coating that I saw on Youtube.

I did not have much $$$'s to send it to professional to paint. My friend told me cost around $500 for tank, trims and fenders.

I wanted to paint either Copper or Candy Grand Blue (OEM dark blue with purplish hue---> http://www.colorrite.com/wizardresults.cfm ). I want to strip off trims and plastic chrome tank trim (one that had letter "Intruder" on it with scrape on its end). Just to make my bike looks nice then I can install LED lighting system underneath to make bike shine at night for Cagers to see me! (I have 7 different color and patterns ect with remote control, been sitting in garage shelf for 3 years)

Catty

1554617_10105250452238509_1286946233169917750_n.jpg

I test-rode an electric bike called Zero SR... I'm extremely and thoroughly impressed by it. The acceleration is unbelievable. Extraordinarily fast and extremely fun to ride. The potential is amazing. It does take some getting used - no starter button. no clutch pedal. no shifter. no engine "thump thump thump". automatic transmission.

There's no doubt that in 10-15 years, many bikes and cars will be 100% electric and I would be more welcome to it. Waiting for a Tesla Bike!!!

my Garmin Zumo 550 mysteriously died. I contacted Garmin tech support for a repair. as of last year, they no longer accept Zumo 550 for a repair. I was dismayed because this Zumo is worth $500 even though it is an old model but its resale value is very strong.

someone told me about this service that many people use to repair out-of-warranty GPS - http://www.palmdr.com/cart/repair-services-gps-repairs-c-31_32.html

so I sent in mine for a repair and then they fixed it within a few hours. only costs me $65.85. not bad!!! better than Garmin's $150-fee to receive your malfunctioned GPS and send you a refurbished one.

I will be selling it though.

I decided to buy a new GPS for my motorcycle because my Zumo is old and has a small screen so I needed something more "21st century"... so I ended up buying Garmin Montana 600 from http://www.gpsnation.com/garmin-montana-600.html because it's a heck lot cheaper than from stores or garmin site.

rf-lg.jpg

I bought a simple Garmin GPS mount (bottom) because I think it's silly to spend nearly $200 for a more expensive Touratech mount (metal one).

14u8j6d.jpg

for my simple Garmin GPS mount... I didn't want to use RAM Mount for it because it would stick my GPS up too high from my handlebar so I bought handlebar mount that's designed for bicycle.

GARMIN-MONTANA-bikemount.png

unfortunately - that mount is too big for my handlebar. typical bicycle handlebar is about 1" diameter while my motorcycle handlebar is 0.5" diameter so I asked my friend to design a custom-made mount for me so that I can send the CAD design to 3D printer. I'm very familiar with CAD drawing back in college so I did the measurements with a measuring caliper that he needed to make it in his CAD program. unfortunately I wasn't able to do CAD design myself because I'm not familiar with new CAD programs. It's very different from what I'm used to long time ago.

n1cft1.jpg

30d9mar.jpg

and then after sending the design spec to this guy with 3D printer near my home... it was done within next day. I used https://www.3dhubs.com/ to find a local 3D printing service. costs me only $10.

9r5erp.png

although my measurements were bit off.... it fits just fine on my handlebar.

rkwvew.jpg

I will be going on a long motorcycle trip with my brother next month. Our destination is Shuswap Lake in British Columbia, Canada. My brother will be driving up from Houston to my home near Springfield, Mo on July 26th. The following day, July 27th, we will head west to Denver, Co. Then we will head north through Wyoming and Montana across the Canadian border up to Calgary, Alberta Canada and onto British Columbia where we will arrive at Seymour Arm of Shuswap Lake. There we will have a cabin on the lake to stay at for a few days. Afterwards we will head south through Washington, Oregon and California through the Redwood Forest then its eastward back to Missouri. Our goal is to make 600 miles each day. It's gonna be tough, but not impossible as we've done it before. Just never in so many consecutive days. It will be a good test of our endurance. It'll be my first trip to Canada and I'm quite excited about it. If anyone has any recommendations on places to visit along our route, please do share. Many thanks and happy riding everyone! Stay safe!

It seem Motorcycle blogs are getting quiet. LOL. Still ridin' my Vol VL800. The modification I have done last spring was great except midrange throttle feel somewhat lean because I use stock needle instead of Dynojet needle (it will make midrange richer). Didn't have time to get Dynojet because I was moving and settling at new home. I live in Lansing, KS and now I see alot of bikers there!! I was so happy to be around them. Saw couple of military personnel rode motorcycle and one have stick-on mohawk on his helmet. (Lansing is next to Leavenworth including Ft. Leavenworth where Military base and Federal Prison located). Small town but easy to get around.

I have to watch my ass on cops because my daughter and my wife was caught speeding and got ticket. Both told me that cops are damn strict but not mean (OFC Cops are former Military personnel as well!!!). So I have to be careful riding on my bike keeping eye on speedo LOL.

Planning to go to camping with my motorcycle this Oct with deaf group and wanted to have fun there.

Catty

Caught on video: Large deer leaps over motorcyclist

This video might make you take those "Deer Crossing" road signs more seriously.

Andrew McCeney, a systems engineer, took the video while participating in a charity motorcycle ride near Washington, D.C. back in September 2015. Since he recently shared it on his Instagram page, the video has gotten a lot of attention.

McCeney told SFGATE the group was riding through Alexandria, Va. and had just passed a sign warning of deer in the area. That's when a mature whitetail buck came out of nowhere and leaped across the road, jumping right over one of the motorcyclists.

"We were traveling at about 45 miles per hour when we spotted the deer, and once we realized he was committed to crossing, we slammed on the brakes," McCeney said. "One of our riders was not so lucky. He lost control of his bike and ended up falling off."

Fortunately, the rider wasn't injured. McCeney said the rider's Triumph Bonneville needed some minor repairs, but he was able to continue with the rest of the Distinguished Gentlemen's Ride, a charity supporting men's health.

The deer wasn't hurt either. It appears the buck was able to jump over the rider, just narrowly avoiding a collision.

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Caught-on-video-Large-buck-leaps-over-11055905.php

I have 2002 Suzuki Volusia and been riding for 9 years. It's so reliable with little problem. Many people even cops thought it's Harley Fatboy. I told them no.. Look at the sticker on frame "Suzuki C50" Sheesh. (Actually my bike have 3 different names for same thing, Volusia, VL800 or C50). I modded Carburetor by changing out jets and use K&N cone filter. I kept Stock pipes because I don't want Cops to know I'm doing 80mph over 25mph limit. I was test riding my friend's Harley Sportster caught speeding 65mph over 25mph limit at Lake Perry, KS. Park Ranger who looked rough with beards was a Harley guy himself and he can hear and figure how fast I go. He motioned me SLOW DOWN!!! Lesson learned. My cousin who have black Harley bike with blank speedometer ( no number on it) I asked him how do you know the speed. He said I can hear and match speed to speed limit. damn!! That's why I decide to leave Stock exhaust alone to mask noise from Cops. I use louder horn in place to alert stupid drivers.

I had raced with other Harley last Spring doing 105mph on I-70. It was blast to keeping up with him but failed to fist bump before I head off to ramp. LOLOL

CAtty

Caught on video: Large deer leaps over motorcyclist

This video might make you take those "Deer Crossing" road signs more seriously.

Andrew McCeney, a systems engineer, took the video while participating in a charity motorcycle ride near Washington, D.C. back in September 2015. Since he recently shared it on his Instagram page, the video has gotten a lot of attention.

McCeney told SFGATE the group was riding through Alexandria, Va. and had just passed a sign warning of deer in the area. That's when a mature whitetail buck came out of nowhere and leaped across the road, jumping right over one of the motorcyclists.

"We were traveling at about 45 miles per hour when we spotted the deer, and once we realized he was committed to crossing, we slammed on the brakes," McCeney said. "One of our riders was not so lucky. He lost control of his bike and ended up falling off."

Fortunately, the rider wasn't injured. McCeney said the rider's Triumph Bonneville needed some minor repairs, but he was able to continue with the rest of the Distinguished Gentlemen's Ride, a charity supporting men's health.

The deer wasn't hurt either. It appears the buck was able to jump over the rider, just narrowly avoiding a collision.

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Caught-on-video-Large-buck-leaps-over-11055905.php

Saw the video wow. Close call. I can see Deers at night. I have "night eyes" cuz I works night shift many year. I saw shadow of deers on side of road (I can easily discern difference between dark back ground and moving shadow which is outside of my "headlight zone") planning to cross road and I slow down quickly and let Deers cross. But stupid stupid Cagers (car driver) kept driving and didn't follow my brake light flashing warning to slow down. Drive ended up slamming brake when deer enter their "headlight zone". How can not they see shadow of deers on side of road!!! Damn!!!

Back