A Motorcycle Thread About Absolutely Nothing!

Well, amber colored lights are legal. For example, on my front tire, you will see a set of amber lights that are on when running. Called Ring of Fire Lights....see TCS's vids again...I think he has those....

I just looked and, no, his are purple so probably not legal when running while my amber set is.....at any rate, it is really a sight to behold as I have seen what TCS has.......

Yes, ring of fire.

Last edited:
Been a couple months since I was able to ride in decent weather. Took the DL out of the garage, donned my new heated liner & gloves, and rode 50 miles in the afternoon. 43 degrees and sunny today. Going to get a lot of snow on Monday, so grabbed the chance.

Took these shots with my smartphone:

i-HDWbBrw-L.jpg

i-GHcxJtn-L.jpg

A post from our Patriot Guard Ride Captain today: "I don't as a general rule post the details of what we do as Patriot Guard Riders on my personal page, but something happened today that I want to share. Besides our mission at the cemetery there was another funeral going on not 50 feet from where ours was. This was also a funeral with military honor being rendered, ours being for a Navy veteran we had a Navy honor Guard and the other funeral had a Marine Honor Guard. Our service finished just a little before theirs did and they were just getting ready to do taps for that funeral so we just turned around to render honors. Just as the bugler was about to start playing she passed out. Our honor guard were Navy Corpsman, they ran over and got her up sat her down then the Navy Bugler grabbed his bugle and played taps for that funeral. I just thought that was a story that should be told."

Yep, the Navy comes to rescue the Marines (again)!

Sorry, but I am not allowed to show the burial site or family. PGR rules.

Six trikes. Three guys with walking canes. We must be an old bunch of people!

Attachments

• DSCN0822.jpg
    DSCN0822.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 17
  • DSCN0823.jpg
    DSCN0823.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 14
  • DSCN0827.jpg
    DSCN0827.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 13
  • DSCN0829.jpg
    DSCN0829.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 11
  • DSCN0826.jpg
    DSCN0826.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 12
A post from our Patriot Guard Ride Captain today: "I don't as a general rule post the details of what we do as Patriot Guard Riders on my personal page, but something happened today that I want to share. Besides our mission at the cemetery there was another funeral going on not 50 feet from where ours was. This was also a funeral with military honor being rendered, ours being for a Navy veteran we had a Navy honor Guard and the other funeral had a Marine Honor Guard. Our service finished just a little before theirs did and they were just getting ready to do taps for that funeral so we just turned around to render honors. Just as the bugler was about to start playing she passed out. Our honor guard were Navy Corpsman, they ran over and got her up sat her down then the Navy Bugler grabbed his bugle and played taps for that funeral. I just thought that was a story that should be told."

Yep, the Navy comes to rescue the Marines (again)!

Sorry, but I am not allowed to show the burial site or family. PGR rules.

Six trikes. Three guys with walking canes. We must be an old bunch of people!

Your trike just reminded me of something odd I saw while sitting at a light yesterday, I saw a scooter trike.. That was a strange sight.

Your trike just reminded me of something odd I saw while sitting at a light yesterday, I saw a scooter trike.. That was a strange sight.

I have seen a couple of scooter trikes. At least they are trying to stay upright. One of the guys in our group says there are motorcycles that have two additional wheels in the rear that come down either automatically or with some kind of control. I had never heard of that before.

One of the guys in our group says there are motorcycles that have two additional wheels in the rear that come down either automatically or with some kind of control. I had never heard of that before.

Sounds like training wheels.. :giggle:

training_wheels_motorcycle.jpg

I do own a bike. Just not the fancy one. This is how it's look like.

Attachments

• yamaha-lagenda-115z-black.jpg
    yamaha-lagenda-115z-black.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 14
I have seen a couple of scooter trikes. At least they are trying to stay upright. One of the guys in our group says there are motorcycles that have two additional wheels in the rear that come down either automatically or with some kind of control. I had never heard of that before.

yes - I've seen a video of Goldwing with that feature. I thought that was very strange but seems that riders who need that are either "old" or physically-disabled and... do not want a trike. considering the size and weight of Goldwing.... I think I'd definitely need that! I'm a tiny asian man :lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NazwZle4BXs]LegUp LandingGear Honda GL1800 GoldWings (LO RES) - YouTube[/ame]

yes - I've seen a video of Goldwing with that feature. I thought that was very strange but seems that riders who need that are either "old" or physically-disabled and... do not want a trike. considering the size and weight of Goldwing.... I think I'd definitely need that! I'm a tiny asian man :lol:

LegUp LandingGear Honda GL1800 GoldWings (LO RES) - YouTube

This landing gears are slow. Can't they just swap out with faster motor? :rofl:

Catty

Spring time is coming and weather warming up. I am planning to do few mods on my Volusia. I want to do away with chinese made light bars. I was thinking about modding turn signals to fork mount because I threw away OEM turn signal mount (oops!). There is NO WAY for me to use Fork mount Clamp for turn signal because I have Chrome "bell" and "sleeves" on upper fork which clamps won't fit. There is NO aftermarket Fork mount turn signal brackets for 2002 Suzuki Volusia, it only applies newer C50 from 2008 to current. After Observation, I found out that I can make bracket that I can use fork clamp bolt (the one that hold fork frames, I would just buy longer bolt and short tube to fill wide hole for bracket to sit on) and metal bracket would go around to side of fork and mount turn signal on sides. I may take pix of it if I make one. If I had welding equipment, I would have use pair of 1/2" chrome rods and bend it around it and weld it to metal bracket and turn signal bracket so fork bolt would go in between chrome brackets so it would look sexier. I would probably have it chromed before installing.

Then planning to add Driving lights. I read previous post about driving lights, I plan to get one from Walmart. Optronics 55w Pair Driving Light Kit which looks very much like motorcycle driving lights and its "bullet" shape matches my bike's turn signal so why not!!!

It is legal to leave driving lights 'ON' at all time in Kansas and no inspection here tho. The only thing I need to buy 1-1/4 crashbar clamps for driving light so It would be under upper crash bar and it will look nice on it. I wish I had budget to buy Kuryakyn driving lights that have built in clamps and it's asking for $160 for it and it look sexy. Basically I wanted "Triangle of lights" so Cagers can see "UFO" approaching them :eek2: :rofl:

Last thing, I did cleaned the carburetor then did a mod fit for new fuel filter (my bike didn't have fuel filter which is why it clogs carb each year :mad2: ) I mount fuel filter under between seat and tank where vacuum fuel pump located. It's a nifty place for fuel filter but kinda tight spot but enough for me to wiggle filter tube into tubing snugly fortunately. It turn out great and running smooth.

Catty

Motorcycles from Watch Parts

If you were going to throw away your old watch and add to the metal pollution, wait a second!
Take a look at what digital curators like Dmitriy Khristenkho of Ukraine and Dan Tanenbaum of
Canada are doing to stop these old watch parts from landing in the garbage can. Turning junk into spectacular mini bike sculptures, it’s a delight to see such intricate and detailed work of art.

1a_motorcycle1-watch-parts.jpg

2_motorcycle2-watch-parts.jpg

3_motorcycle3-watch-parts.jpg

These miniatures actually take a lot of time to be built as opposed to their size. Each part has to be shaped using grindstone to get perfect shape and size and then each component is painstakingly glued by hand to finish the masterpiece. It roughly takes about 50 hours to complete one model. Phew! So tiny but it sure is a hell lot of work! Since the work involved is a lot so are the returns, as each piece costs up to 700 pounds.

4_motorcycle4-watch-parts.jpg

5_motorcycle5-watch-parts.jpg

6_motorcycle6-watch-parts.jpg

7_motorcycle7-watch-parts.jpg

The makers of these motorcycles say that the most important part is to put together the two wheels, handle bars and petrol tank and the rest is pretty much an expression of one’s imagination. Of course sometimes the clients also ask for custom makes.

8_motorcycle8-watch-parts.jpg

9_motorcycle9-watch-parts.jpg

10_motorcycle10-watch-parts.jpg

11_motorcycle11-watch-parts.jpg

While most parts are those rescued from scrapheaps, some of the components on these motorcycles are parts from Vintage watches. Many people request to convert their ancestral watches into model bikes to immortalise their worth in an artistic way.

12_motorcycle12-watch-parts.jpg

14_motorcycle14-watch-parts.jpg

Super cool and incredible aren’t they??? Well next time don’t give away or throw your old watch. Just break it, shape it, stick it and make your own custom model bike. It’s not easy to make but for sure is an amazing art.

15_motorcycle15-watch-parts.jpg

16_motorcycle16-watch-parts.jpg

17_motorcycle17-watch-parts.jpg

Motorcycles from Watch Parts - FunOnTheNet

I think I'm leaning more and more toward to Honda ST1300........ :hmm:

I seriously and definitely need a 1000cc sport-touring beast for this year!

why so cheap??? I avoid any vehicle that is heavily modified. his bike is probably had to be repaired frequently.

Maybe I should buy this bike, and have it send to local motorcycle shop to do the tuneup ($1k to $2k) then it is all good to GO ?

Back