A Heterasexual Man's Earring

I'm getting an earring this Thursday. :)

That is so 80's!
Hahaha... yeah.

I remember finding an earring on the floor in the gameroom one night at my parent's house years ago when I was in junior high. I picked it up and held it up on my right ear. (Since I wear a hearing aid on my left ear, holding the earring on my left ear would be obstructed by the hearing aid being in the way.) My friend immediately said, "Ah... so you're gay? It's supposed to be on your left ear!"

I used to have earrings in both ears for a couple of years. I think it was more cuz my wife wanted to see me with them once, so I suprised her and did it. I haven't worn earing for few years, since I graduated from school. I have neither tatoo or earing now. Like mentioned already about those 'gauged' earings, I wonder what people will do in years when they can't or do not want to wear anymore. maybe they will make good priest or minister because they will be so 'holy'

I remember the whole gay/straight ear piercing thing. The version I heard was left = straight, right = gay,

And I was told if you wear a flower on your right ear, you are looking for a partner, and on the left, your taken!

And what's more, I was told recently if I see any men wearing a bracelet, he is a gay too!!

I actually wear bracelet, and watch, and necklaces and I am not gay, so whatever you want to express with yourself, be happy about it.

I remember the whole gay/straight ear piercing thing. The version I heard was left = straight, right = gay,

And I was told if you wear a flower on your right ear, you are looking for a partner, and on the left, your taken!

And what's more, I was told recently if I see any men wearing a bracelet, he is a gay too!!

I wear a medical bracelet. :roll:

I was on active duty during the '70s and I never saw a military man wearing an earring. I served with many Vietnam vets and never saw them wearing earrings. I remember seeing bikers wearing earrings.

Maybe it depended on the location. :dunno:

I did not say they were wearing earrings during active duty, or during enlistment.

I did not say they were wearing earrings during active duty, or during enlistment.
True! Let me ask my husband because he is a military if they should wear earring for active duty. I really don't care about 60's 70's. I am talking about today.

I had my left ear pierced when I was just out of highschool because my girlfriend at the time thought it would be hot. and that was a long time ago and I since have stopped wearing an earing as well. But there are alot of young guys who still do wear the earings with the big shinny stones, thier bling bling I guess, it is supposed to make them look rich or something. Even though they aren't diamonds but glass lol :laugh2:

True! Let me ask my husband because he is a military if they should wear earring for active duty. I really don't care about 60's 70's. I am talking about today.

Today, many people who lived during the 60's and 70's have a pierced ear. Some have more than one piercing.

I used to be in the Army Active duty. You can't wear an earing when you are in uniform, or even in your exercise outfit. When you are in your "Civis" also known as Civilian clothes you can wear or dress how ever you wish as long as it is within the law of the city.

I used to be in the Army Active duty. You can't wear an earing when you are in uniform, or even in your exercise outfit. When you are in your "Civis" also known as Civilian clothes you can wear or dress how ever you wish as long as it is within the law of the city.

Thank you!!:ty:

I have a very good friend whose uncle was in the Navy during the 30's and 40's. He has, among other piercings, a Prince Albert piercing that he received while in the Navy. Of course, that one wouldn't show when he was in uniform!:giggle:

Thank you!!:ty:

I have a very good friend whose uncle was in the Navy during the 30's and 40's. He has, among other piercings, a Prince Albert piercing that he received while in the Navy. Of course, that one wouldn't show when he was in uniform!:giggle:

Ouch ouch ouch!!! lol. I used to have my nipples pierced and I took them out once I joined and never had them in since.

Well all I can say is.... Soooo? :roll: Please excuse my ignorant because I am the guy that wear earrings, but now I don't wear them anymore because always cause infection and the silver earrings are too expensive to be variable.

Well all I can say is.... Soooo? :roll: Please excuse my ignorant because I am the guy that wear earrings, but now I don't wear them anymore because always cause infection and the silver earrings are too expensive to be variable.

Buy earrings at wal mart or target, they are so cheaper.

I bought mine in last 2 years ago at Pacsun and still good but color (dark blue) is little worn out into silver.

In #39 you mentioned men wearing earrings in the 60's and 70's. All I'm saying is that neither I nor Hubby ever saw any military men, on duty or off duty, during the 70's, wearing earrings. Once they were discharged, there would be no way by just looking at men in a crowd to know whether or not they were Vietnam veterans. But I don't recall seeing many men wearing earrings during that period. It didn't seem popular back then. Most guys were wearing their hair longer then anyway, so it would be hard to tell. :dunno:

Is it true that men (and women) get pierced down-there? What is the purpose of doing that? More sexual sensation?

Back