A Gun Thread About Absolutely Nothing!

my new CCW gun.. and added Talon grips to it

13220572_10106329932097219_3338771891264167628_o.jpg
Thats my wifes gun plus she has the Laser guard.

More like those Zombie attacks at the marathons.

I wouldn't use that puny little pew pew pew for any zombie situation :lol:

I'd switch to my Springfield XD-9 Tactical. my next buy list is shotgun autoloader and springfield xdm-9.

Today I bought an Iver Johnson .45 cal 1911A1 in Boa pattern. Traded in an old 9mm (still have 3) to reduce the price. Definitely not easy to conceal carry. :)

Attachments

• 20160613_172854.jpg
    20160613_172854.jpg
    579.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 20160613_172909.jpg
    20160613_172909.jpg
    640.2 KB · Views: 12
How did we get here? I grew up at a time when there were people that hunted but carry a pistol in everyday life — no way!

How did we get here? I grew up at a time when there were people that hunted but carry a pistol in everyday life — no way!

Just to clarify, the 1911A1 I just bought is for home security or if I go deer hunting again. Around here you need a handgun along with your hunting rifle due to the number of wild hogs roaming the woods. My conceal carry is a S&W M&P .40 and/or sometimes a Taurus 719 Slim 9mm. After dark going shopping or to the gas station is dangerous these days. Also my church (and many others) has an armed security team. I happen to be the head of mine. You must wear/practice with it to be proficient if you are to be effective in protecting a large group of people or just one.

It is just like riding a bicycle. I grew up riding and had one through the 70's. If I got on one right now, I would wobble for awhile or fall over.

Just to clarify, the 1911A1 I just bought is for home security or if I go deer hunting again. Around here you need a handgun along with your hunting rifle due to the number of wild hogs roaming the woods. My conceal carry is a S&W M&P .40 and/or sometimes a Taurus 719 Slim 9mm. After dark going shopping or to the gas station is dangerous these days. Also my church (and many others) has an armed security team. I happen to be the head of mine. You must wear/practice with it to be proficient if you are to be effective in protecting a large group of people or just one.

It is just like riding a bicycle. I grew up riding and had one through the 70's. If I got on one right now, I would wobble for awhile or fall over.

What you have written talks about NOW what I am asking is how we got to people feeling they need all this. NONE of it was current while I was growing up and well into adulthood. Yes, the uses while hunting but not otherwise.

What you have written talks about NOW what I am asking is how we got to people feeling they need all this. NONE of it was current while I was growing up and well into adulthood. Yes, the uses while hunting but not otherwise.

I don't know how far back you go, but I am 63. When I was going to work one day about 10 years ago, I was a victim of road rage. He threatened to kill me and followed me for awhile. All I was doing was waiting at a red light waiting to make a left turn. Finally the perp was arrested on unrelated charges. I could not defend myself since I was not allowed to carry a gun in my work van. Back in 1972-3 my friend and I were walking down a city street when a group of young punks assaulted us and tried to rob us. We were punched and hit with bats and sticks and we broke free and ran for blocks. These days the same type of group or individual will use a knife or gun. I am not as fast as I once was, but I don't need to be anymore.

We currently live in a nice neighborhood and town which has recently had an increase in shootings at stores and drug deals on street corners.

I agree that years ago you could walk alone at night and never be bothered, however, there was still crime. Having access to nearly immediate media coverage on what's happening around us just makes us aware of how bad it is, or was. I had an uncle who was shot and killed in 1947. Never found out who did it. That was 5 years before I was born. Before the Oklahoma federal building bombing, we had this near my home town:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bath_School_disaster

Crime has been around a long time.

Back