A Good News Week

mnwjm1981

Reaction score
Life From The Front - Dispatches From Viking Bay: A Good News Week

A very short post, just talking about some good news I received recently - come and read :)

Here is the text, in case you would rather read it on here ...

I'm not often one for self-congratulatory posts, mostly because I want to talk about issues than purely about me; if it wasn't for my interests in dyspraxia and deaf studies, I'm not sure if I would be able to find enough to write about; then again, I'm sure I'd have other interests that would (I hope) fill the void!

Having said all that, I wanted to share a couple of pieces of good news I've recently received. One I only got yesterday; I've passed the second portion of my BSL exam, part 102. Having already got 101 behind me, this means I've only got one more to go before I (hopefully) become qualified in level one BSL. That thought is amazing and terrifying in equal measure - and possibly the subject of a separate post.

I hadn't realised how nervous I'd been about receiving the results until I saw Paul at work yesterday and he gave me the good news; it was as if a weight had been lifted off my shoulders! I didn't get top marks, but I got enough for a pass - and had my confidence raised through the roof at the same time. I must give kudos to my fellow student Michelle, who scored an amazing 38 out of 40 marks ... phenomenal!

I've only got another five or so classes - and one more exam - left, and I know I'll miss it when I'm done, but I'm looking forward to the final exam; I am determined to pass, no matter what.

I'll talk more about that in my next post, but I wanted to share the other piece of news with you; I've been offered an 18-month publishing contract with Inspired Quill Publishers. They're a new publishing house on the scene (Home) and I was fortunate to be selected for their Grand Launch in September of this year.

As a lot of you know, I've been working hard to try and get to this point for many, many years now - so to have this opportunity is one I'm utterly thrilled about - and Sara Slack, Inspired Quill's Managing Director, is now officially one of my heroes for taking that chance on me (and she also loves sci-fi, which makes her doubly awesome in my book!).

Inspired Quill have accepted my full-length manuscript "Fall From Grace", which is about ... well, why not check out my website and get a few details from there - Write Or Die Home. I'll also keep you up-to-date on the release date as and when it's agreed.

This is only a quick post - I have a manuscript to edit before my deadline on Friday - but will write again soon.

Back