A 5.9 Earthquake hits Va; felt all the way up in New York

It was DPS's decision, not us.

you're not in high school. you're an adult. you should be free to leave campus at anytime and then come back later.

I felt the earthquake here around 2pm.

Same here. I saw my water bottle swaying, backpack zipper, the night table lamp and the bed was moving back and forth I thought it was men moving the things around with the nosie equipment such as drilling downstairs. I came downstairs and I only saw my mom. No other people were around. Wtf?!

you're not in high school. you're an adult. you should be free to leave campus at anytime and then come back later.

I have no plan to go off campus today and I'm waiting for my dorm to open so all of us are forbidden from enter the buildings until it is delcare as safe to enter. I'm just sit outside to chat and messing with phone.

The head of RL warned us that subway in DC are very overcrowded and told about wise with time when go out to eat.

I'm anxious for the Bay Area's BIG ONE, which is overdue.. Not to mention the Yellowstone Park area. Ai yi yi

We felt it here, too. I was sitting in a computer chair when I felt minor shakes.

5.9 earthquakes like the one in VA don't happen often here so it's big news here.

In June of 2010, our area got hit with a 5.5 mag earthquake. It's not at all common, so it was all over the news. It was pretty exciting to experience. I was writing an English exam when it occurred.

I didnt feel anything right here in middle of Ohio. I was watching Indians game when it happened. Broadcasters and the fans were shaken up. I dont think the ballplayers knew about it, I dont know. I was in my recliner chillin'.

The fans in upperdeck saw the field was moving. Thank goodness I wasnt cuttin' logs at the moment when earthquake hit! No structure damage to the Progressive Field stadium. (where Indians play)

I felt it pretty strongly. I'm in VA and not deathly far from the epicenter. (<100 miles) Didn't have any property damage.

Ok, it's slightly off the topic but the earthquake really was the sound of Our Founding fathers rolling in their graves at the state of our country - especially Congress. :giggle:

I got this joke from the comments under the earthquake article on CNN.

In June of 2010, our area got hit with a 5.5 mag earthquake. It's not at all common, so it was all over the news. It was pretty exciting to experience. I was writing an English exam when it occurred.

I did feel that one.

Ok, it's slightly off the topic but the earthquake really was the sound of Our Founding fathers rolling in their graves at the state of our country - especially Congress. :giggle:

I got this joke from the comments under the earthquake article on CNN.

:lol:

I didn't feel a thing and I'm pretty close to DC. *sighs* I feel like I missed out on a lot. Never been in an earthquake before..

My sister lives 5 miles away from the epicenter. She was driving when it happened and her car basically bounced off the road.

Back