A 5.9 Earthquake hits Va; felt all the way up in New York

I was on the 12th floor in my office, at first it felt like somebody walking down the hall, then it felt like a large person walking down the hall, then the desk actually started shaking and I knew it wasn't a person at all! Realized what it was a few seconds after that. Scary. Haven't heard any reliable reports of damage.

well well well, now that we're all on the same page and it's not just california now.
Welcome to the earthquake club, eastern kinsfolk. :)

:Oops: gosh! Golly! I feel like I am not a virgin anymore! :giggle:

Yep, this was my first big Earthquake that I have ever felt!

:eek3:....so many things happening these past few days....we also had a bomb scare downtown at City Hall, everyone was evacated...downtown Jacksonville was blocked out and last I heard, they were searching for any more bombs.....now the Hurricane and the Earthquake....knock on wood!

:eek3:....so many things happening these past few days....we also had a bomb scare downtown at City Hall, everyone was evacated...downtown Jacksonville was blocked out and last I heard, they were searching for any more bombs.....now the Hurricane and the Earthquake....knock on wood!

Did you happen to feel it, Robin? It's said that people as far south as Georgia felt it. I felt nothing down here, but I may be too far south to have felt it.

I felt the earthquake just before 2. I thought it was workmen outside my apt but it lasted only a minutes and my apt shook for a mintue there. My nerves are still jangly.

I felt the earthquake just before 2. I thought it was workmen outside my apt but it lasted only a minutes and my apt shook for a mintue there. My nerves are still jangly.

:hug: You are near the epicenter, too, right? Glad you're OK!!!!

I live in DC and I felt the earthquake when we were in OSWD meeting at student center so that scared me as hell but not worse as like in CA.

that was an interesting link, Jiro - i went there and found out that Minn. had a little earthquake last year!

glad everybody ok so far with DC quake!

Here in Georgia we get them all the time, but I guess it isn't as sensationalist news as it happening in DC. It's the Brevard Fault.

that was an interesting link, Jiro - i went there and found out that Minn. had a little earthquake last year!

glad everybody ok so far with DC quake!

Yup, I'm okay and all Gally students and staffs were ordered to get of building then go to football field to stay for 4 hours as all buildings are under inspection to make buildings are safe to enter.

The cafeteria at Gally is closed due to damaged in somewhere, probably ceiling tiles went fell down and the parking deck on 6th Street is damaged too.

Wirelessly posted (Backberry)

Daredevel7 said:
I felt it!!!

Oh no wait. That was just bad gas.

Ha ha ha!!! "Bad gas" LOL!!!

Yup, I'm okay and all Gally students and staffs were ordered to get of building then go to football field to stay for 4 hours as all buildings are under inspection to make buildings are safe to enter.

The cafeteria at Gally is closed due to damaged in somewhere, probably ceiling tiles went fell down and the parking deck on 6th Street is damaged too.

Glad your ok Foxrac :wave:

did you really wait for 4 hrs? cuz I ain't waiting around for that long.

Here in Georgia we get them all the time, but I guess it isn't as sensationalist news as it happening in DC. It's the Brevard Fault.

5.9 earthquakes like the one in VA don't happen often here so it's big news here.

Back