97 honda civic project

Zeroblazer21

Reaction score
as far i have learned about how to give my engine a good maintenance. i did change timing belt, checked tensioned as good condition, replaced the radiator, hoses,thermostat and new transmission fluid. i haven't put the coolant fluid in it yet because i need to make sure 100 percent on proper step. i did dig deep about how to bleed air out since if i want to know how to flush,put new coolant/antifreeze for only radiator. right now i don't have any money. this month. i posted about looking for a temp job to get a quickie money to buy one extra 1/2 inch 20 inch drive breaker bar, 1/2 extension arm, and one more jack stand. i know i have delayed due to no ride, lol since my car running. i will make sure to get a portable cabinet, and a garage shed. i did bring tools but some tool i don't have yet. i was planning to replace water pump but, haven't grabbed the chance to do due to money. ssi suck but its ok for now. thank god i am in ohio, safe without problem. i'm so surprised. i realized something... i was doing deep research,had learned lots stuffs about head block, rocker arm, camshaft, and valve lash and torque sequence for head block removal/ installation method. somehow i learned it..it was weird for me because i noticed it feel like its easy for me to do it on my own way. whats more, i have asked lots of people on Honda tech about how to take care of engine if want to drive mores, expending life,etc. and of course i learned about head block and engine block can get resurfaced at machine shop to get it milled if i want at factory spec, etc. it was kinda new experience for me as my experience with my PC building. it was exciting for me, same way :). right now, I'm waiting for ssi payment or..do something to get money, because i have no ride right now..lol. oh well i admit i'm really happy

For Honda, you better to change water pump, T-belt(s), tensioner w/ idler(s) and driven belts at the same time. Save time and Save customer's money. I recommend customer the T-belt Comb (w/p, tensioner, T-belt and belts) job.

The air bleeding screws for coolant is locating at T-stat (thermostat) housing next to the intake manifold (Follow the uppper radiator hose from the radiator to the T-stat housing), Or front outlet housing at the exhaust side of the cylinder head.
Take ur time. I pray you to find a good job there.....

So are you saying that you just want to fix the engine up to factory spec and make it last a long time or are you going to build your engine up to make it a lot quicker and relible?

What kind of engine do you have in that civic right now?

I look up Alldata, says just fill coolant and run until cooling fans on then stop, wait few minutes, open radiator cap slowly and refill if coolant level is low. It doesn't says about turn heater on. I think the heater should turn on. No bleeding required. But for 2.3 L and 3.0L use air bleeder screws what I mentioned.

So are you saying that you just want to fix the engine up to factory spec and make it last a long time or are you going to build your engine up to make it a lot quicker and relible?

What kind of engine do you have in that civic right now?

nonvtec sohc d16y7

i can use a help in ohio whoever can help me with a long extenion. thats another way. i hope that will be great to have a helping

If I lived close to you, I would be glad to help you in person with the coolant issues and make d16 last longer..

If I were you, I would get rid of d16 to get money, patience and do b18a2 ls block swap with b16 DOHC vtec head. No turbo and make it daily driving... That would be LS/V-tec conversion plus higher compression. You will beat stock srt-4s all day with that kind of set-up. Or if you have lot of money, do K20 swap lol.

If I lived close to you, I would be glad to help you in person with the coolant issues and make d16 last longer..

If I were you, I would get rid of d16 to get money, patience and do b18a2 ls block swap with b16 DOHC vtec head. No turbo and make it daily driving... That would be LS/V-tec conversion plus higher compression. You will beat stock srt-4s all day with that kind of set-up. Or if you have lot of money, do K20 swap lol.

lol that will be nice, yeah ssi sux but i have to wait to get it running next month, then save money, try to work to earn money more until next year. yeah i want to do engine swap next year and yes sir it will be only for daily driving. um i really care about high effective fuel, 35 to 40 mpgs. thats how d16 get but i would get b16 if the fuel ecomoncy price went down deep,deeppper lolz

Back