64-bit OS

Foxrac

Premium Member
Reaction score
Have you use 64-bit OS, including Mac, Windows and Linux?

It's common for Mac to use 32/64 bit since it has came with software for most Mac users.

I had installed 64-bit version of Vista, it's my first time to use 64-bit for Windows, there's reason to use 64-bit because of RAM and more faster than 32-bit, that what I noticed about different performance in 64-bit and almost all everything are run so fine, however I can't find good sound driver because it could require for games but will going to test it later.

I am using 32-bit for ultimate vista. its much faster than all version.

All version don't give any difference on performance, it was your PC.

64-bit is more faster than 32-bit due has more bits and support more memory.

All version don't give any difference on performance, it was your PC.

64-bit is more faster than 32-bit due has more bits and support more memory.

I installed Ubuntu Gusty Gibbon 64bit and it ran fine on my AMD64 system. It's somewhat faster than 32bit, It had an issue with browser's flashplayer plugins and other plugins that are'nt 64bit ready. That was year ago. Right now, They already updated 64bit version plugins and programs for Linux finally!

I've tried Windows XP 64bit. It runs somewhat faster. It was not a real copy of XP tho. I reformatted and installed 32bit version.

64bit system had been around for 3 or 4 years but M$ and many software developers lags behind. They were supposed to shift to 64bit few years ago and didn't happen quickly.

I prefer 64bit OS and software cuz it runs faster. If you use Dual Channels with 64bit, you probably would notice it's performance increase.

Who knows there will be 128 or 256bit OS for Modular core system!! I bet it'll be very faaassstt. With a click of a mouse, software will go pinngg!! and ready to use in split seconds. You probably would be able to beat bidders on Ebay (I did that on clean installed and hacked 32bit XP OSwith Firefox and it was fast loading and reloads when I snipe at Ebay bid and won!)

Catty

I have major issue for 64-bit version of Vista is network, the internet went off after wake up from sleep and tried disable on turn off for internet but won't work then I decided to install 32-bit XP until Windows 7 releases.

64-bit Vista need ALOT of fix, usually on network.

I would like to try Linux and need find work out to install Linux on 2nd HDD.

I have major issue for 64-bit version of Vista is network, the internet went off after wake up from sleep and tried disable on turn off for internet but won't work then I decided to install 32-bit XP until Windows 7 releases.

64-bit Vista need ALOT of fix, usually on network.

I would like to try Linux and need find work out to install Linux on 2nd HDD.

Yep.. It is fully know bugs on 64bit version. I SURE HOPE M$ FIX THAT DANG CRAPS ON NEXT WINDOZ!!!!! So does Software developers too!!

How about if you could get 16GB or 32GB flashdrive and install 64bit Linux without a hassle swapping out hard drive. Check out "Pendrive Linux" and it have plenty of instruction on how to install any flavor of linux into Pendrive.

Pendrivelinux 2008 install from Windows | USB Pen Drive Linux

Catty

I got this AMD64 system with 32 bit Windows XP and got another drive that now has 64 bit Debian Linux on it. With 64 bits, more than 4GiB of memory can be addressed with a flat memory model. On 32 bit systems, physical address extension is used to access more than 4 GiB. PAE is also used on 64 bit systems that use the highest bit as the no-execute bit.

Back