545 vs 300,000,000 people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
that's what I just said

in other word.... you had trouble with it.

C#? PHP? Now that's even more confusing. C# was around after 2001. and PHP was around 1995. Weren't we talking about your time in approximately 1995 when you were programming for complex search engine? :dizzy:

Exactly. When he threw in PHP.. all wrenches were threw into the gears of my thinking.

C#? PHP? Now that's even more confusing. C# was around after 2001. and PHP was around 1995. Weren't we talking about your time in approximately 1995 when you were programming for complex search engine? :dizzy:

No, you're confused.

I wrote in Java and threw it out of window. I cited performance issues at that time. I didn't say C#. I said Java. It was the "big thing" at that time. Applets were everywhere. But the pragmatic move was to write in C++ because performance was crucial. It's for Unix servers to process gigabytes of data as fast as it could because we got new data everyday. There was NO way Java could do it quickly.

I complained about C++ being more complex and ugly over time when I wrote it. Java was one of the first programming languages to be developed that looks like C++ but simplified. Problem was that it wasn't efficient in performance and there was large memory overhead. Nothing did I say that I was having problems with it.

Also at that time, MS and Sun were waging wars on licensing. MS wanted to make Java language "native" to its system and Sun would not allow it. It went on for years and apparently, MS decided to screw Sun and created C#.

I asked, "Why do you think they're so busy trying to simplify C++.... and we got Java and C#?" to your claim, "C++ is a godsend." Godsend...it ain't so. :)

Last edited:
Exactly. When he threw in PHP.. all wrenches were threw into the gears of my thinking.

I said: "Software engineers thought, "Let's make it easier and faster and completely portable yet resembles C++!" So they created C# and Java to simplify the code. PHP is another example which I am very partial to."

Don't get it? Not my problem. :)

Liberal Texan vs. Conservative Texan :lol:

tanline_still.gif

I complained about C++ being more complex and ugly over time when I wrote it.
Java was one of the first programming languages to be developed that looks like C++ but simplified. Problem was that it wasn't efficient in performance and there was large memory overhead. Nothing did I say that I was having problems with it.

If you were good at dishing top quality C++ code you wouldnt be complaining.

Just saying.

No, you're confused.
not at all. it's because your stories were all mixed up and you threw in unrelated statements... like PHP.

I wrote in Java and threw it out of window. I cited performance issues at that time. I didn't say C#. I said Java. It was the "big thing" at that time. Applets were everywhere. But the pragmatic move was to write in C++ because performance was crucial. It's for Unix servers to process gigabytes of data as fast as it could because we got new data everyday. There was NO way Java could do it quickly.
in case you didn't know - Java is not really designed for server purpose. It was designed to run on ANY computer of ANY operating system - "Write Once, Run Anywhere"

I complained about C++ being more complex and ugly over time when I wrote it. Java was one of the first programming languages to be developed that looks like C++ but simplified. Problem was that it wasn't efficient in performance and there was large memory overhead. Nothing did I say that I was having problems with it.

Also at that time, MS and Sun were waging wars on licensing. MS wanted to make Java language "native" to its system and Sun would not allow it. It went on for years and apparently, MS decided to screw Sun and created C#.
not my problem. not their problem. like I said - use the right tool for the job.... but if you did and it sucked... well blame yourself for being ineptness at programming :)

I asked, "Why do you think they're so busy trying to simplify C++.... and we got Java and C#?" to your claim, "C++ is a godsend." Godsend...it ain't so. :)
what you were doing with C++ and what I were doing with C++ are completely different. You were programming for complex search engine and I was programming for desktop application..... hence C++ was a godsend to me comparing to BASIC and FORTRAN although FORTRAN was designed for something like your work.

"Jave is not really designed for server purposes." But you see, Sun was TRYING to convince me that they will get compilers working to have the near performance of C++. Got fed up with the delays, I started C++. After completing the engine, I said, "NO MORE C++!" There was a lot of hype in 1995 surrounding Java and Java JIT and so forth. The ISP invested a lot in Java technology.

Now, they have JSP which I haven't used.

Now I am almost 100% PHP. It works for all my projects.

"Jave is not really designed for server purposes." But you see, Sun was TRYING to convince me that they will get compilers working to have the near performance of C++. Got fed up with the delays, I started C++. After completing the engine, I said, "NO MORE C++!" There was a lot of hype in 1995 surrounding Java and Java JIT and so forth. The ISP invested a lot in Java technology.

Now, they have JSP which I haven't used.

Now I am almost 100% PHP. It works for all my projects.

cool. good for you. I'm glad it worked out for you. but let's get back on track. USA. nothing like it anywhere in the world cuz of its capitalism. It's the main driver of innovation and dominance in technology, education, military, etc.... not tax.

That's why you have dozens of programming languages being invented to compete with each other.... as the result of capitalism...... not tax.

How about this.....The great state of Texas

We have no state income tax

Our Car tags are based on weight not value and top out at about $65

The disabled go to college Tuition free.

Texas State Budget Surplus as other states look for handouts - Topix

Of course the recession hit us like everyone else our '11 numbers don't look as good. But better than just about anyone else. We control our spending

Oh and for some reason businesses are moving here daily.....:hmm:

How about this.....The great state of Texas

We have no state income tax

Our Car tags are based on weight not value and top out at about $65

The disabled go to college Tuition free.

Texas State Budget Surplus as other states look for handouts - Topix

Of course the recession hit us like everyone else our '11 numbers don't look as good. But better than just about anyone else. We control our spending

Yup, that reason because Texas is one of my most favorite state, despite on most conservative since some of my families live there.

is it because Texas gets their $$$ from oil?

Oil helps.......We are also at the bottom when it comes to spending.

one example of how Texas thinks.

We pay our State Senators 600/mo true public service

by contrast Bankrupt California pays theirs $110,000/year

Boy, that was an interesting read. I missed this thread entirely. Did programming years ago but it didn't really interest me much back then. But today, it's interesting to see the improvements, especially when it comes to mobile phones.

It's appalling that our Republicans are advocating cutting down on our taxes yet ignoring that our deficit is getting out of control. Just exactly how will we pay our deficit if we cut our taxes?

So stop complaining about taxes - they provide you what you take for granted.
I think it's far more appalling that Democrats are expanding entitlements when the main driver behind our fiscal crisis is the already existing entitlements.

If you think about it, debates about taxes are really debates about when we're going to pay for all the spending we're doing- now or in the future. Spending is the real problem, and I'm not even sure we can possibly raise enough tax revenue to pay it all off. I fear the resources simply aren't there to deliver what we've promised. In theory, I'd be willing to meet you somewhere in the middle- raise taxes and cut spending. The only thing that keeps me from supporting tax increases is that I know the minute tax revenues go up, politicians will use that as a reason to increase spending even further and it will all be for naught.

Come to think of it, I recall that President Reagan worked out a deal with Congress- for every $1 he raised taxes, they would cut spending by $3. He gave them the tax hikes and they never gave him the spending cuts. I'm not about to make his mistake again.

EDIT: Just realized I responded to a post several months old. Whoops.

Probably another posting debunked by snopes.com.

Besides, you can stop paying taxes but don't cry when those roads you drive on fall apart or the school your kid goes to has to close.

Oil helps.......We are also at the bottom when it comes to spending.

one example of how Texas thinks.

We pay our State Senators 600/mo true public service

by contrast Bankrupt California pays theirs $110,000/year

But California has Arnie as the governor, he's a Republican and there's a deficit. Hmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back