528-Lb. Woman Gives Birth in Romania

ok the comments saying you would never get that heavey are way out of line this woman has a thyroid problem this causes weight gain even with meds it's very hard to keep your weight down, and apparently this women has not been getting the care she has need for a very long time.

Well then I apologize.

There are women who are over 500 lbs and still can walk, but slowly. It varies person to person. There's even 600+ lb still can walk, but much more difficult. Most become immoble by around 600-700 lb range, depending on height and strengh.

weight is a hard battle esp when access to heath care is not so good and you have a medical problem know to cause weight gain. the baby is healthy and doing well so far as i know at this point , but this artical bring to light that weight is a major world problem and it will take the world working together to help prevent the weight gain associated with disses like hypothyroidism

This threads brings up so many issues that it really becomes dicey. I agree that this woman should never have gotten pregnant to begin with. As already noted, she isn't capable of really caring for the baby. Also, the fact that she even had this child says to me that she doesn't really value HER life. What does that say for the baby?

On a personal note, someone said they would "never let themselves get that big." That saying to me that the woman was responsible for getting that big, like you can help it. The woman has a thyroid condiion, so couldn't help getting to the weight that she did. Once there, though, she HAD the responsability for ensuring that her health or the health of someone else (read: the baby) wasn't endangered. It's such a tough thing.

I will say this to you all. Have some compassion and put yourselves in the situation or try to. We could all be in that situation.

:gpost: :gpost:

It is sad when a woman and even a man who are overweight had big issues over the medical conditions like thyroid which is not their own fault. Also maybe she did not have a good medical insurance to help her get some benefits for her health problems. Without the medical insurance, it does cost a lot of money for her to get help with her weight because of her thyroid. In Canada we have Health Insurance for everyone that will cover what we need and not worry about where we need to pay the hospital and doctor's bills. :shock:

Back