5 Yr Old Cuffed On Principal's Orders

A Principal handcuff a 5 years old child is a fucking joke! :jaw:

I has to agree with Cheri´s post over principal and his disciplines!

Magastu,
Yes you are correct about those foods how to make the children aggressive. I had bad experience with my first son when he was a little boy. I changed his foods diet with the recommend from therapy at 3 years ago. His behavior goes improve and much better now. He goes well with his school... He show alot of interest.

I want to share about my real experience... I was a violent kid. I had been in fights with kids while in mainstreamed school for few years... My mom puzzled and tried different methods, disciplines and therapies included old-fashioned but nonworkable spanking (by my dad) and 'boot' camp. Nothing works. My mom noticed the same pattern behavior in different children, she decided to investigate on her own and found a simple solution... Believe it or not, it is foods. It affect our thinking ability, our behaviors, etc etc.. much more than you think. As doctor-student, I found more and more evidences that confirmed my mother's suspicious. Anyway, my mom changed the diet from conventional junk and foods to healthy foods included organic meats... My frequently violent behaviors suddenly disappeared in only two week. No therapies or disciplines in that time. Nothing whatsoever but foods. It stunned my mother. People start to ask my mom when they notice that my violence behaviors are completely disappeared and took my mom's advice.. it is working on their children as well.

Magatsu
I agree with you about foods. I learned alot from WIC (woman, infants, and children) they told me Junk foods can effect child/children's behavior such as Wild, Rebel, Throw a Fit, and many things. That s why they set up pyramid and groups of foods. That should be educate to parent how to give children to eat healthly such as veggie, fruits, and others. Sometime it is okay to give Junk foods to children as you think as limited to give them.

Sometime i watch Nanny 911 on Wed (i think) and saw many parents let child/children to eat anything that they want to such as Candies. I saw once on TV last week and one boy who is 3 yrs old. He ate 5 or 6 Lollipops within less 1 hour. GEEZ! Then he become more aggressive such as hit his 4 years old sister and throw toys to his mom's ear. So 4 years old sister do same thing to hit her brother back. Mom just feel fed up with them and don't know what to do, But Mom was EX-Nanny! My god, she can't handle with 2 children and feel so exhaulted! So nanny 911 set up and told them to put them time out with their age, without pacifers and sippy cups for bedtime, and set up healthy foods. So parents think Nanny's job won't sucessful. 1 night, kids got screamed out and cried for pacifers till 5 am. Poor Parent who can't sleep at all. then 2nd night, they went to bed 12 am and not complain about pacifers. They are stop beat up each other and very happy children. Parent was so shocked and it was Worked! Nanny was so happy that they dont hit each other, to mom, and beg for pacifers anymore.
http://www.fox.com/nanny911/
That is amazing for me to learn about their life, behavior, and how to do.
Mommyof3

WOW! What a story! I don't think that handcuffing the child was necessary. My goodness he is only 5 what can he possibly have learned??? Maybe the principal should have banned him from riding the bus, or required the mother to ride with him to teach him proper behavior. I agree that most of the blame falls on the mom. After all she didnt seem upset that her son was misbehaving. She was just angry that someone took action. I'll agree if the principal did that to my child, befor I was given a chance to correct the situation, i'd be fumming!!! but if the mother had ample opertuity to do something about it and didn't ......what was the principal supposed to do??? Allow every other child on the bus to be put in harms way on a daily basis??? But handcuffing him??? he may have taken the time to find a less agressive way. parents need to start taking responsibility for our kids!!!!

Meg said:
There are much more appropriate ways to teach the kid. Fear does not help a kid stop bullying. Fear only compounds everything.

Any principal should have been able to know many other more feasible ways to deal with the boy.

I agree with you, Meg. Sounds like the kid might be in need of psychiatric care. If he wasn't in need of it before, he needs it now.
:(

I also believe we do not know the entire story. The principals actions were a bit harsh and yet if the parent's were told about the behavior of the child and yet did nothing to curb that behaviar, i.e. talk to him about the reason behind his violence, discipline him for his violence, then then what was the principal supposed to do? Some parents think their child is just a little angel and never could do anything bad, that it is always someone elses fault. And like someone else said, for the mother to go after the principal for his actions is just like telling the kid "No, you never did anything wrong, you can keep hitting other kids all you like."

As for spanking a child for misbehavior, I think it's really funny some consider that child abuse. Both my brother and I were brought up to know that if we were bad there would be consequences like that. The parents MUST discipline the child. It is not the schools job, it is theirs.

Back