5 Hour Energy Drink

Sounds like you have plenty of energy if you can do all that.

by 2PM, I am both physically and mentally exhausted. Teaching is not an easy job. That's why there is a high burn-out rate for teachers.

I just tried it today after work before I ran. I am not really sure if it really works because I wasnt really tired today. Due to it being expensive, I will only get it if I am very very tired and still have hours left of things to do. Most of the time, I am able to muster up the energy for the whole day and evening.

I'm aware of the Vitamin B that supplies these energies. But, Do you care to debunk the myth?

I mean, Sure, There are some energy drinks out there that are competiting to say they are better than others. We all know how that works.

We agree, because I originally stated unless there is some sorta deficiency that they wont give you any energy.

by 2PM, I am both physically and mentally exhausted. Teaching is not an easy job. That's why there is a high burn-out rate for teachers.

I just tried it today after work before I ran. I am not really sure if it really works because I wasnt really tired today. Due to it being expensive, I will only get it if I am very very tired and still have hours left of things to do. Most of the time, I am able to muster up the energy for the whole day and evening.

Energy comes from Adenosine-5'-triphosphate which is created in the body indirectly from the foods we eat. Not from things like sugar, caffeine, overdoses of b-vitamins, etc.. which energy drinks tend to supply people who drink them with.

I tried that shot before on a long drive and it didn't work for me.
I love drinking Sugar Free RockStar!! That works good for me..helps me stay alert for 3 or 4 hours when needed.

Energy comes from Adenosine-5'-triphosphate which is created in the body indirectly from the foods we eat. Not from things like sugar, caffeine, overdoses of b-vitamins, etc.. which energy drinks tend to supply people who drink them with.

It really depends on the person though.. because everyone's rate of metabolism and ability to constantly undergo cellular respiration at max speed overall is varied by many factors!

How they measure the power between drinks and companies is I think they usually compare the performance in it between athletes, instead of your standard Joe Blow who's working out after quitting 2 years ago.

The rate at which an athlete (say Michael Phelps) is performing his respiration, from glycolosis > Krebs cycle (citric acid) > to the energy transport chain, he is probably going much faster than me or any other average guy.
Not to mention professional athletes have trained their anaerobic respiration process to have longer outputs compared to standard people! They can undergo periods cycling under lactic acid longer, or bodies going straight down to breaking proteins instead of fats and sugars.

But not to get into a bio discussion, overall my opinion (and some others have already said this) is that the moral of energy drinks and why they vary greatly among people is equally due to the fact that the way your body processes and outputs it.

Marketing keeps thinking, "hey, you should try this out! You'll get same results as me!" without taking other things into consideration.

I have absolutely no idea how people get caffeine fix from soda... I tried it several times and it didn't work squat! :scratch:

I guess that I don't drink coffee as it is a high caffeine. :dunno: Perhaps each person have different tolerance as in low levels of immune response to caffeine or resisting it etc.

I tried that shot before on a long drive and it didn't work for me.
I love drinking Sugar Free RockStar!! That works good for me..helps me stay alert for 3 or 4 hours when needed.
My roommate is addicted to Rockstar.

I knew a gal who drank Rockstar so frequently that she had to stop for it was messing up her sleeping habits. She no longer drinks any caffeine. :eek:

It really depends on the person though.. because everyone's rate of metabolism

So then you are suggesting because one has a faster metabolism, like an athlete, that they're going to need vitamins in an amount that far exceeds Recommended Dietary Allowances by a 1000 times or more???

Last edited:
Here is something interesting I found.

Worst Energy Drink
Rockstar Original (16 oz can)

280 calories
62 g sugar

Energy drink makers might feign a level of health by fortifying their products with a cocktail of vitamins and minerals, but don't be fooled: Any minimal benefit they might provide is snuffed out by the blanket of sugar and calories each can contains. Want energy? Try a cup of homebrewed black tea. It nearly zero calories and contains a deluge of disease-fighting antioxidants.

Men's Health - Eat This, Not That - The 20 Unhealthiest Drinks in America - 14. Worst Energy Drink

5hourenergy_1_ad_450pix.jpg

5 Hour Energy Drink "What can YOU do in Five Hours?"

Have anyone used that drink?

Is it good? if not, Why not?

I try it yesterday and it did nothing for me and not only that I was drinking a 20oz Pepsi with it.

Nope, to go running for 2 miles with my coworkers after work...definitely need big time energy for that! :)

also, I have to pick up my 3 year old son, cook dinner, clean up, get everything ready for work and his school for hte next day, feed the dog and few other stuff...so if I am tired, it is hard to do all of that after work. My day doesnt end at 4PM..I wish it does.

Wow, shel!

I thought I had a full day with classes between 8am-4pm. In my case, I wouldn't get home until 5:30-5:45pm due to traffic.

How on Earth do you manage? :)

berry flavors

orange

lemon

I like berry flavors better. :)

Those flavors sound delicious. :) I always thought energy drinks had a bland taste to them. I'll have to give them a try one of these days to see how it affects me. If I have the chance to try one, I'll let you know what I think. :)

I used to work really really long hours when I was running my catering business. I would work in a restaurant all day then come home and do the prep for catering for most of the night. Some weeks I would literally go two days with zero sleep working around the clock. I became a connoissuer of energy drinks.
Five hour energy never worked for me, was expensive, and tasted like cough syrup.
Red Bull was ok but the taste makes me gag (though some people actually like it).
Monster is ok but too sweet for me.
Nos has a citrus taste that is not bad but it doesn't keep me awake very well.
RockStar tastes like liquid cotton candy and does nothing for me but make my wallet lighter.
Sobe Nofear is pretty much the same thing, maybe a little less sweet.
The number one energy drink in my opinion is called Bawls. It's made with caffeine and guarana which is natural caffeine that comes from guarana berries. It gives me the best boost, has the best taste, doesn't make me jittery (though little does anymore), and isn't disgustingly sweet. I actually like the taste on this one so much that I drink it now instead of regular soda. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS ONE! Ignore the weird name, it's the best. It's not in all areas yet as it is a fairly new product, it just started being available around Rochester in the last two years or so. You can usually find it now at Target and most 7-11s. You can buy it through their website too: BAWLS

There is one other effective energy drink out there, you can buy it online but I recommend this one only if you REALLY need to stay awake. There is an energy drink called Cocaine, yes that's right, like the drug, that comes in little cans the size of Red Bull but packs a serious punch. This is coming from a guy who drinks seven shots of espresso every afternoon, if I say it is strong believe me it is. This stuff actually made me shakey and I fealt my heart racing. The first time I drank it I was like, "Whoa, so this is how everyone else feels when they drink what I usually drink!"

If you want to stay awke your best options are Bawls, espresso, Red Bull, munch some chocolate covered espresso beans, or in case of dire emergency a can of Cocaine. Leave that Rockstar junk alone though, yuck!

Oh, and don't forget the classic Jolt Cola! It comes in a variety of flavors that aren't terrible and is available in convenient resealable bottles. Kind of sweet though and the boost isn't amazing. They do have something called Jolt extreme (I think that's the right name!) that is a 2 ounce bottle just like five hour energy and contains alot of caffeine and guarana. It has more caffeine than most anything else out there but I've never tried it myself.

Back