26 states join Obama health care lawsuit in Fla

Status
Not open for further replies.
majority of states voted for McCain and yet..... Obama won :hmm:

They seem to conveniently overlook that point, don't they?

How 'bout dat health care reform? Keep your hands off my Medicare!!

That will be the result when the states individually vote and decide on it. People will realize that we DO NEED universal health coverage and decide to keep it. This suit is just a tantrum.

That will be the result when the states individually vote and decide on it. People will realize that we DO NEED universal health coverage and decide to keep it. This suit is just a tantrum.

Exactly. I give Americans more credit than I give the vocal few spouting nonsense and throwing childish fits.

In the Florida case, the states also argue the federal government is violating the Constitution by forcing a mandate on the states without providing money to pay for it. They say the new law gives the state's the impossible choice of accepting the new costs or forfeiting federal Medicaid funding.

simple - it's time that the states start flexing their muscle. They need to stop suckling on fed's teat for $$$. They should consider this as a calling sign to clean up its act to cut down wasteful spending and all.

That wasn't an ad hominem. You might want to google that.

What that was: using the same label you had used for yourself to make an accurrate statement of my activity.

Be careful with that sarcasm. It is easily turned around on you when it is in the hands of the experienced. :laugh2:

Now go back to class young man.
No, you see, when I said "brain-dead neanderthals", what I really meant was "highly intelligent sophisticated individuals". It's all about relativistisism. You might wanna google it. Basically, the joke's on you because you just called us "highly intelligent sophisticated individuals"!

Now, get back to class, ma'am!

simple - it's time that the states start flexing their muscle. They need to stop suckling on fed's teat for $$$. They should consider this as a calling sign to clean up its act to cut down wasteful spending and all.

Hey, they want to be independent...start acting indepently and taking care of their citizens without depending of the Federal government. Yeah, that's gonna happen.:P

No, you see, when I said "brain-dead neanderthals", what I really meant was "highly intelligent sophisticated individuals". It's all about relativistisism. You might wanna google it. Basically, the joke's on you because you just called us "highly intelligent sophisticated individuals"!

Now, get back to class, ma'am!

Then you should say what you mean, young man. As I said, your attempt at sarcasm backfired on you in the hands of the experienced.

You obviously have not learned your lesson as of yet.

Do you have anything logical to add to the discussion or are you just playing on your laptop because you don't want to pay attention to the professor's lecture?

Then you should say what you mean, young man.
I went ahead and did your homework for you and googled relativism myself. Here's what I found:
Relativism changes the meaning of anything that is interpreted literally. That is what relativism is all about.
You see, you took what I said literally. But with relativism, I don't have to say what I mean because relativism changes the meanings of stuff. Also according to Google, only shallow thinkers are unable to comprehend this. Now, I'm not calling you a shallow thinker, but you obviously have not learned your lesson as of yet.

P.S. I just showed this thread to my class and they all agree with me. My professor's going to give me an A based solely on this. Thanks for your help!

I went ahead and did your homework for you and googled relativism myself. Here's what I found:

You see, you took what I said literally. But with relativism, I don't have to say what I mean because relativism changes the meanings of stuff. Also according to Google, only shallow thinkers are unable to comprehend this. Now, I'm not calling you a shallow thinker, but you obviously have not learned your lesson as of yet.

Finally. Everybody's right. One big happy family. :lol:

Just mixing it up. Never mind.
That's OK; I got the purple concept. :)

That reminds me of another purple concept. The military school that I attended for journalism was an all-services, civilian/military, international school. Most of the students were from American military branches. The idea was that if you combined all the colors of all the military branches uniforms the color you would get is purple. So we were called a "purple" school.

My cube mate (we didn't have bedrooms, just cubicles divided by lockers) was creative and designed a mascot for the school. It had a purple body, and military chevrons and insignia for eyes, mouth, ears, etc. Maybe I'll post a picture later. :)

Sorry for being a tad off topic.

I'm going to try to avoid using Medicare. The VA tries to convert us to Medicare at age 65. :(

Of course, workers are forced for decades to pay into Medicare, so I guess it's only fair to expect to get something out of it.

Don't flatter yourself. I am not talking to you brain dead neanderthals. I am talking about you brain dead neanderthals.:laugh2:
Wow, that's nice, talking about others that way. :roll:

P.S. I just showed this thread to my class and they all agree with me. My professor's going to give me an A based solely on this. Thanks for your help!

Good try, but nope.

So you showed the thread to a bunch of people that don't know any more than you do. So? If you want to learn, show it to someone who knows more than you do.

That's OK; I got the purple concept. :)

That reminds me of another purple concept. The military school that I attended for journalism was an all-services, civilian/military, international school. Most of the students were from American military branches. The idea was that if you combined all the colors of all the military branches uniforms the color you would get is purple. So we were called a "purple" school.

My cube mate (we didn't have bedrooms, just cubicles divided by lockers) was creative and designed a mascot for the school. It had a purple body, and military chevrons and insignia for eyes, mouth, ears, etc. Maybe I'll post a picture later. :)

Sorry for being a tad off topic.

I don't mind going off topic for tidbits like these. I would love to see the pic. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back