Yes. That's what you did.
Literal meaning of majority:
/məˈdʒɔrɪti, -ˈdʒɒr-/ Show Spelled[muh-jawr-i-tee, -jor-] Show IPA
–noun, plural -ties.
1. the greater part or number; the number larger than half the total ( opposed to minority): the majority of the population.
2. a number of voters or votes, jurors, or others in agreement, constituting more than half of the total number.
3. the amount by which the greater number, as of votes, surpasses the remainder ( distinguished from plurality).
4. the party or faction with the majority vote: The Democratic party is the majority.
5. the state or time of being of full legal age: to attain one's majority.
6. the military rank or office of a major.
You changed the meaning of majority.
Either that or you made a math error.
Duh. I used relativism to do it. You and TX Golfer just didn't catch it.