26 hard of hearing

_NurseAmy_

Reaction score
Hi I'm Amy. I life in California and am a nurse by trade. I always had great hearing until about six years ago I suffered major brain trauma swelling that damaged the hearing and vision part of my brain. Early in 2014 I was put in a similar situation with pressure and trauma and my hearing was damaged even more. After many failed attempts I finally was able to pay the 6k for my hearing aids on Wednesday. I'm taking sign language classes and deaf culture class as this is something I'm very in love with and want to embrace before I'm completely deaf. Looking to make friends who can understand.

Welcome, where abouts in CA. There are a lot of Deaf folks in CA.

6k..how can ordinary person afford them...This when I so grateful I NHS h.a free they may not be wonderful but they not bargin basement either...I really don't understand why not provided with ha then at later stage get what you want...quicker you get use to them quicker get on with life....I don't wear mine for different reasons got drawfull shame you not near me

Welcome, I am Hard Of Hearing also (Progressive Hearing Loss). I know it can be miserable sometimes.

Howdy!

And welcome!

HoH here as well. Glad you have begun ASL and have gotten some hearing aids.

Back