26 charged in VRS fraud

Kalista, I hope you will stand by your friend.. but dont excuse his poor choices if he is really guilty of having a part in this. I knew his son from high school. He was a good, smart kid. If he was involved, too, then I hope he pays. That's how people grow and become better people. If we excuse people from bad behavior just because we are on good terms with them, they will keep on doing bad stuff. We aren't doing them a favor. But now, these are just formal charges.. they are innocent until proven guilty.

I've a friend who is an installer for Viable ... wonders how it will affect him?
Sad that this has happened.
Opportunity for Deaf to become a major player as a company in the corporate hearing world of communications and they go do THIS...

I've a friend who is an installer for Viable ... wonders how it will affect him?
Sad that this has happened.
Opportunity for Deaf to become a major player as a company in the corporate hearing world of communications and they go do THIS...

Yea, that's why it is a shame. Stupid of them to let greed get the best of them.

I am sickened that they are abusing that system and if proven guilty, I hope they go to jail!!! We the deaf find VRS extremely useful and even life saving and to have a company engage in fraudelent billing so they could make more money for themselves makes me mad!

just a thought... what if they are losing money even with FCC grants? It may be inexcusable but it may explain that...

just a thought... what if they are losing money even with FCC grants? It may be inexcusable but it may explain that...

If they are/were losing money, it is probably because there are too many of them for the total deaf population. It was the natural movement of the market to reduce the numbers to parity.

If they were losing money, they would either have to apply for grants... merge with another company or downsize.

Kalista, I hope you will stand by your friend.. but dont excuse his poor choices if he is really guilty of having a part in this. I knew his son from high school. He was a good, smart kid. If he was involved, too, then I hope he pays. That's how people grow and become better people. If we excuse people from bad behavior just because we are on good terms with them, they will keep on doing bad stuff. We aren't doing them a favor. But now, these are just formal charges.. they are innocent until proven guilty.

Liza, It is very shock to me and my friends and family. We have known him for years. We do not know what happen with Viable Co and former employees to connect with VRS / FCC. We are speechless...

So, it's ok for them to fraudulently charge FCC? I think not! If they cannot make money with FCC grants, obviously they don't know how to run a competitive business.

I am not sure what happen at the begin. I am still in shock and speechless. Someone sent the link the article to other friend of mine.

Employees sue Viable over wages

That's old news. Some people already know about it.

One of my friend worked for Viable. He did not get any paycheck. My friend's best friend Yeh's family.

Also, I knew few interpreters quit from other VRS. They got job at Viable VRS because better salary. Last summer, some interpreters were upset that work for few weeks but still not get any paycheck. Most interpreter quit from Viable. They wanted to go back old job but no opening job.

I hope John is innocent. It could be younger one did. Impossible John !! I personally have known him for years, he is very sweet guy and good heart ! ♥

I knew him and his wife since 1970's.

Last summer, I learned from one of my friend told me that Fed watched John Yeh for little over 10 years. They already know about John Yeh. I guess that Yeh has darkside or act like "Robin Hood".

Of course, I feel sorry for John Yeh plus few of other people which I know them but they asked for it in trouble. We remember that John DeLorean tried to save his DeLorean Motor Company. So, John bought cocaine but FBI busted him.

Wow, 26 people already been charged by defrauding FCC by taking advantage of minutes used to bill FCC to pay each calls made by employees to make a "rest call". Shame on them!

Welcome to the United States Department of Justice

DHIS co-owners Irma Azrelyant, 47, of Basking Ridge, N.J., and Joshua Finkle, 41, of New York; DHIS video interpreter Natan Zfati, 31, of Brooklyn, N.Y.; DHIS bookkeeper Oksana Strusa, 35, of Jersey City, N.J.; DHIS video interpreter Alfia Iskandarova, 29, of Brooklyn; and DHIS video interpreter Hennadii Holovkin, 36, of Philadelphia; have been charged in a six-count indictment with conspiracy to defraud the U.S. government and to submit false claims; submitting false claims; conspiracy to commit mail fraud; and mail fraud.

Almost video interpreters are Russian translators to use RSL for Russian/Ukrainian deaf callers. My friend was very disappointed of his good friend of this deaf interpreter.

Almost video interpreters are Russian translators to use RSL for Russian/Ukrainian deaf callers. My friend was very disappointed of his good friend of this deaf interpreter.

What? I don't really understand this, because I thought vp interpeters would be able to call domestic calls only. Those Russians are hard of hearing (who are fluent with phone) to interpret for deaf customers in ASL, am I correct?

Back