26 charged in VRS fraud

Dennis S.

Reaction score
Welcome to the United States Department of Justice

This document was just released today - outlines several VRS agencies and a VRS provider as charged for defrauding the US Gov't out of tens of millions of dollars.

Viable's CEO and COO are at the top of the chain:

In the first indictment, Viable Communications Inc. and four Viable executives have been charged with fraudulently generating VRS call minutes and obtaining reimbursements from the FCC for those calls. Viable owner and CEO John Yeh, 62, of Potomac, Md.; Viable Chief Operating Officer Joseph Yeh, 64, of Potomac ........ have been charged in a six-count indictment with conspiracy to defraud the U.S. government and to submit false claims; submitting false claims; conspiracy to commit mail fraud; and mail fraud.

Wow. I heard about the lawsuits going on back in the summer, but this takes it to a new level.

Doesn't look like that's gonna end there and it's just beginning. I bet more is following after these guys.

This whole thing is damaging and I hope it doesn't put the service in it's entirety completely out of business and it's back to TTY for us folks.

Yiz

This document was just released today - outlines several VRS agencies and a VRS provider as charged for defrauding the US Gov't out of tens of millions of dollars.

Wow. I heard about the lawsuits going on back in the summer, but this takes it to a new level.

That not look good at this moment :(

It always amazes me how people think they can get away with it...the Government is very audit-oriented, and will catch fraud, waste and/or abuse eventually in most cases.

And to think, most if not all of these 26 are deaf.

the YEHs were/are already well of money wise..why would they even wanna risk fraud? damn..

Qwerty, lay off Purple. You never say why you so angry with Purple. They are good people.
The indictments charge owners and employees of the following seven companies with engaging in a scheme to defraud the FCC’s VRS program
  • Viable Communications Inc., of Rockville, Md.;
  • Master Communications LLC, of Las Vegas;
  • KL Communications LLC, of Phoenix;
  • Mascom LLC of Austin, Texas;
  • Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing Interpreting Services Inc. (DHIS), of New York and New Jersey;
  • Innovative Communication Services for the Deaf Corp. (ICSD), of Miami Lakes, Fla.; and
  • Deaf Studio 29 of Huntington Beach, Calif.

Oh my God! I knew several of them personally and I am pretty sure that Frisky Feline knew several of them too.

I happen to know several of those charged people in real life.

this is really bad... I hope the other VRS are running clean so we can continue to get their services... it gonna be a real problem if the government wants to investigate all the VRS.

My former teacher is Mary Yeh.

Last summer, Viable Co was in trouble. Today, they have other trouble. I feel sorry for Yeh's family.

Last summer, Viable Co was in trouble with Fed. SnapVRS tried to make take over Viable Co.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4k7PN9bPcgI]YouTube - Come visit the CEOs of Snap!VRS and Viable![/ame]

It is boring , but he must have some reason for it??

True? I ask before, no answer. Now just tiresome. Obsession....who will know? I use this company and they are very good. Besides, so many nice members are our friends. I have the little netbook, mouse too. I won the mouse a contest. All my calls are handled well, everything but email answers are wonderful. I said this many times, and ask him what he is angry about. (nosy granny me) He does not respond that I have seen. He only grouses...

Back