2011 World Juniors Hockey Championships

Sharky99

Reaction score
Hey Junior hockey gophers, the 2011 WJHC will be held in Buffalo, NY as well as neighboring Niagara, NY for the Under 20 tourny.. Canada is always there so is the defending WJHC champions, USA... should be a fun tourny to watch!!!

We got 2 Groups...

Group A
Finland
Germany
Slovakia
Switzerland
USA

Group B
Canada
Russia
Norway
Sweden
Czech Republic

I think USA will battle Finland for top spot in Group A and Canada will be in in a dog war with Russia, Sweden and maybe CR for top spot in Group B... I would love to see Canada and USA clash again for the gold medal game, this time Canada will get revenge!! GO CANADA GO!!!!

I'm beyond excited for the tournament to start. It's my favourite time of the year.

Me too, Rebeccalj... I do hope Canada will do well and get even for the gold medal loss last year... should be a blast...

I think Canada has assembled a strong team this year but with the youngster from the Hawks (Morin) being allowed to join team USA it could be another gold medal matchup between the two countries.

Canada can go whoopa** on Russia.. and I hope to hell it happens.. hehe!!

Up next, Norway. This afternoon.

Was anyone else shocked that Kassian was suspended for two games for what looked like a clean hit?

Saw Canada thump Norway 10-1... wow... now Canada gotta deal with Sweden tomorrow night for NYE.... should be a riot for sure...

Right now for afternoon games, Switzerland will play Slovakia and Sweden is gonna play Czech Republic and later tonite USA will face off vs Germany, and at same time, Russia and Norway will clash... tomorrow ought to be something to see....

Oh yeah, I went that event as host by Massachusetts in 1996 for Round Robin, Bronze Medal and Gold Medal games at Boston College . I was embarrassed there because only got less than 1000 fans there on one of finest hockey tournament.....Massachusetts would not earn to host future WJHC again. :(

NHL future stars played there.

José Théodore
Jarome Iginla
Mattias Öhlund
Marco Sturm
Miikka Kiprusoff
Sergei Samsonov
Chris Drury
Milan Hejduk
Daymond Langkow

Ok gophers.. the 2011 WJHC will come to a close tomorrow with the bronze medal game which we will see Team USA and Team Sweden face off... the gold medal game that will follow later is Team Russia vs Team Canada... should be 2 fun games to watch on tv!!! And I gonna hoot hard for Canada to regain the gold!!! GO CANADA GO!!!

I wish I didn't have to work but I have dual PVR so I can watch the two games later.

I'm off today for work (had personal day request granted but good thing now that I had a sinus cold and am almost recovered but still need for the *!()!&@ runny nose to stop!) so I can watch both the bronze and gold medal games... ahh.. should be great!! hehe..

I'm off today for work (had personal day request granted but good thing now that I had a sinus cold and am almost recovered but still need for the *!()!&@ runny nose to stop!) so I can watch both the bronze and gold medal games... ahh.. should be great!! hehe..

We are lucky:P

Back