2011 AllDeaf National Meet

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm driving from northern CA...so...anybody wanna hitch on for a small penny or two? (2007 Corolla S)

You're going to drive to NYC from CA? That's going to take a long time and cost far more in gas/food/lodging than a plane ticket to NYC.

I assume you're making a road trip out of this?

You're going to drive to NYC from CA? That's going to take a long time and cost far more in gas/food/lodging than a plane ticket to NYC.

Yes!...a road trip...I have 3 seats available from Sacramento to NYC.

Only three days. I've pulled it off. I spent only 1500 dollars on a roadtrip that lasted 28 days and it seriously included everything.

Go for it! Have a great time! It's quite a scenic roadtrip through the mountains, but when you get to the Midwest... Eh. Good luck staying awake. :giggle:

Only three days. I've pulled it off. I spent only 1500 dollars on a roadtrip that lasted 28 days and it seriously included everything.

Go for it! Have a great time! It's quite a scenic roadtrip through the mountains, but when you get to the Midwest... Eh. Good luck staying awake. :giggle:

I can think positive and go through with this experience...it's just...the GF...however...if the seats fill up here...I will reject her!!!

Cross country roadtrip is doable in 3-4 days for average joe, depending how long you want to drive a day though.

He's got a newer corolla so I'd reckon he can save up on some gas, +30-35mpg and spring just started so less road hazards. You can do the one way road trip for the cost of probably a plane ticket, but I've done it with a SUV and sedan, you'll save considerably with the corolla.

Cross country roadtrip is doable in 3-4 days for average joe, depending how long you want to drive a day though.

He's got a newer corolla so I'd reckon he can save up on some gas, +30-35mpg and spring just started so less road hazards. You can do the one way road trip for the cost of probably a plane ticket, but I've done it with a SUV and sedan, you'll save considerably with the corolla.

precisely...it'd just make more sense with a roadie/buddy/whatever.

Naisho = logic

maybe you can pick up folks from craigslist (no pun intended) if you can't find anyone. Just hope they are the good folks though, or split it up between cities on the way?

maybe you can pick up folks from craigslist (no pun intended) if you can't find anyone. Just hope they are the good folks though, or split it up between cities on the way?

maybe...or just good GENUINE AD'ers who are committed to showing up on those dates...I'll drive ( and switch off if needed of course)

July 15-17...official residence is at Jiro's selection

:ty: craigm26. I don't know yet whether I will be in the region for the AD meet, but if I am I will definitely attend.

3-4 days would be an average of 12 hours driving a day EACH WAY. That is a lot of driving. Doesn't leave much time for roadtripping or even NYC.

Gas at $4+/gallon, and you're looking at at about 100 gallons of gas even with a very efficient corolla. EACH WAY.

I dunno, it's probably possible, but if the point is just transportation, I'd fly. If you want a real roadtrip, plan to take 5-6 days each way and have some fun along the way.

Remember, you've got to get back to CA.

3-4 days would be an average of 12 hours driving a day EACH WAY. That is a lot of driving. Doesn't leave much time for roadtripping or even NYC.

Gas at $4+/gallon, and you're looking at at about 100 gallons of gas even with a very efficient corolla. EACH WAY.

I dunno, it's probably possible, but if the point is just transportation, I'd fly. If you want a real roadtrip, plan to take 5-6 days and have some fun along the way.

Remember, you've got to get back to CA.

must I remind you..... FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF******************************************************************* CAAAAAAAA...eh....just.....make a sensible roadtrip for all to share five seats LOLOLOLOLOL

must I remind you..... FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF******************************************************************* CAAAAAAAA...eh....just.....make a sensible roadtrip for all to share five seats LOLOLOLOLOL

seriously...first five....call the seat...and I will pick you up...JIRO...CALL THE APT RESERVATION NOW!!!

I agree, just down to the hanky panky, it is a lot of driving and is no fun, depending on your personality if there are no passengers.

he seems super determined tho.
it seriously is complete boredom for the middle stretch, unless you have people you can talk to.

aren't there some bay area people around here?
wouldn't go solicit them, but i definitely can count some that comes to mind.
check with authentic and see if you guys can hit up something. he's an adventure guy himself.

I agree, just down to the hanky panky, it is a lot of driving and is no fun, depending on your personality if there are no passengers.

it seriously is complete boredom for the middle stretch, unless you have people you can talk to.

check with authentic and see if you guys can hit up something. he's an adventure guy himself.

unfortunately I think Authentic is on an amazing adventure himself.

But there are others!...seriously just one person across the country to pay for gasoline would make it much more "worthwhile" to do it!!!!!

It cost me $600 for gas trip from Washington DC to San Francisco one way with 18MPG Envoy, and I made coast to coast for only 48 hours without sleep.

I used fuelcostcalculator.aaa.com to check your 2007 Toyota Corolla;

Results

Start City: CA, San Francisco
End City: NY, New York City
One-Way Trip: 2873 Miles

95.77 Gallons Used
$389.63 Fuel Cost

Round-Trip: 5746 Miles

191.54 Gallons Used
$779.26 Fuel Cost

You will need to check your battery to see if it is strong enough to run ur vehicle in a long run. My battery was 2 years old and mechanic told me that i need to replace my battery otherwise I will get stuck on the road. I paid $225 for new battery. Road trip is very adventurous, and pretty expensive compares to flight ticket.

Especially Kansas. Kansas was the absolutely worst state in the country on my road trip last year. Surprisingly, driving through the desert was calming and a bit fun. Corn fields and factory farms, not so much.

Especially Kansas. Kansas was the absolutely worst state in the country on my road trip last year. Surprisingly, driving through the desert was calming and a bit fun. Corn fields and factory farms, not so much.

ha ha I have not been there yet. I am told that there were so flat and no exciting going on roads. So that's all I know of. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back