2011-12 N.H.L. season...

Sharky99

Reaction score
Hey hockey gophers... we will soon have to get going with the 2011-12 NHL season... now I wonder if the Boston Bruins will do it again as Cup champs or will we see an Original 6 team win next year?? Seems last year Chicago won and then Boston won.. after long droughts of not winning the Stanley Cup.. so that ought to be interesting..

We now have a new team in Winnipeg called the Jets... that is the relocated Atlanta Thrashers but the Jets will stay in the Southeast Division of the Eastern Conference for 2011-12 due to the fact the NHL might do a new alignment work for 2012-13 (depending on what will happen to the Phoenix Coyotes if no buyers are found, with Quebec City drooling at the chance to grab the Coyotes and others... ) so I do hope the new Jets will do well and make us proud to have NHL back in Winnipeg after 15 long years away...

So post any info regarding the 2011-12 season (doesnt have to be only NHL, can be AHL, ECHL, junior hockey stuff) but as long as ya have link that will back up what ya say about any hockey info so it wont be taken in regards as wild rumors (that ought to ramp up once the season starts lol :laugh2: )

Even though we lost Torres and Ehrhoff and Glass, I think the Canucks stand a good chance of doing well again this year. Realistic enough to not expect our name to be etched onto Lord Stanleys cup this year...but maybe?

Bruins won't repeat. I've seen it first handed from my Chicago Blackhawks. It's very hard to repeat. I know that Blackhawks had to make a lot of salary cap moves. Bruins didn't have to make many cap moves, did they?

I don't think Canucks will make it. They will be first round and out.

OK fans.. there some news...

Sid Crosby still is having some issues with concussions and there are reports he might miss some time during the 2011-12 season till he is back to normal..I do hope he will be back to normal so he can resume playing and delighting us fans all over...

TSN and others like Twitter has reported on the death of Winnipeg Jets Rick Rypien who was with Vancouver Canucks and was playing for my old Manitoba Moose (now the St John's Ice Caps) ... link provided here Former Canuck Rypien found dead at age 27 so sad times indeed for the Jets.. I have seen Rick play while he was with the Moose and he sure was a good player.. hope we will know what has happened but I doubt we will know for a while till then....

OK fans.. there some news...

Sid Crosby still is having some issues with concussions and there are reports he might miss some time during the 2011-12 season till he is back to normal..I do hope he will be back to normal so he can resume playing and delighting us fans all over...

TSN and others like Twitter has reported on the death of Winnipeg Jets Rick Rypien who was with Vancouver Canucks and was playing for my old Manitoba Moose (now the St John's Ice Caps) ... link provided here Former Canuck Rypien found dead at age 27 so sad times indeed for the Jets.. I have seen Rick play while he was with the Moose and he sure was a good player.. hope we will know what has happened but I doubt we will know for a while till then....

I sure hope Sid gets well soon.

Sorry to hear about the former Moose player.

The NHL has dished out the tv schedules.. for CBC, TSN, TSN2, NBC, Versus, among others.. the regional tv schedules will be out later next week I think so... I already got the CBC TSN TSN2 NBC schedules copied to MS Office Word.. gonna have them printed out so I can see what I can find with the games.. best thing would be seeing my new Jets on tv 26 times.. woo... should be fun this coming season!! If any of ya need the tv schedules, let me know and I will try to get them in here for ya ok?

GO Sabres!!!!!!!!!!!! Boston your going doooooowwwwwwwwnnnnnnn!!!! we get five new players with something too prove ill be watching every game (from home of course bwhahahahah) (rivalry getting started here bwhahahaha *cough cough* bwhahahahahahah sry ill stop now bwhaha.....

Cant wait for my Jets on tv.. am gonna work on getting a specific ticket.. for the home opener.. good thing that game on cbc as it will be backup plan for me in case I cant get the ticket I want...

Training camps for all NHL teams as well as AHL teams will open later this coming next weekend or so... would be fun to see preseason games on tv or in person or so...

One more week till preseason exhibition games starts... should be something and I hope all can be ready in time for the regular season to open up.. with 4 teams in Europe (Anaheim, Buffalo, NYRangers and Los Angeles) to start out the NHL Premiere in Europe... one specific day I am eager to see is October 9th... when the NHL finally returns to Winnipeg for the first time after 15 years away.. the new Winnipeg Jets will host the storied Montreal Canadiens in the home opener (tickets for that one gonna be damn hard to get so I probably will be home watching on tv) and I read there might be a 1 hour preshow before that actual game to be shown on CBC... I will have to make sure to take the entire thing for keepsake (will edit to dvd later when I work on that enough)

Training camps open today for all NHL teams... physicals have been taken the day before so everything is in motion.. speaking of that, my Winnipeg Jets have training camp at a practice rink and I see on Twitter it is getting out of hand with folks flocking there to watch the Jets practice... popular as heck there since we got NHL hockey back a few months ago... btw I know where that practice rink is as it is part of 4 rinks at a big complex... and there are some minor hockey teams playing there as well so it is good thing...

Training camps open today for all NHL teams... physicals have been taken the day before so everything is in motion.. speaking of that, my Winnipeg Jets have training camp at a practice rink and I see on Twitter it is getting out of hand with folks flocking there to watch the Jets practice... popular as heck there since we got NHL hockey back a few months ago... btw I know where that practice rink is as it is part of 4 rinks at a big complex... and there are some minor hockey teams playing there as well so it is good thing...

You didn't jet on over there to see the practice:P BTW, your signature is very cool :)

You didn't jet on over there to see the practice:P BTW, your signature is very cool :)

Yeah I would have gone over to that practice but knew it would be a huge problem with a big crowd there to watch and not enough seats.. so it's alright..

as for my signature, found it in a forum and loved how it looked.. so...

I excite for oct 15 game! I have tickets seein person! Oilers vs Canucks!

OkKKKK Folks.. here the big day today of all days!!! We will see the Winnipeg Jets finally return to the NHL after 15 long long years!!!! I gonna be watching that game via tape (got prior commitment for Thanksgiving dinner at my brother's place) but will also tape teh 6 hour block section.. 1 hour of the movie called Return of the Jets and then the 1 hour preshow before that Jets-Canadiens game and then after that game the 1 hour post show and that's it.. but I intend to have that all taped for keepsake and to edit to dvd later on when possible... gonna be one wild wild day (could have gotten tickets but had no chance in hell as these tickets got swooped up in 10 mins after the ticket office opened up back in early July) and beside, I heard one ticket for this game would have gone for 4000 bucks or so.. yikessss....

I'm thinking to buy some tickets at the Anaheim Ducks booth with my friends this month or Nov???? Go Ducks

Back