2010-11 N.H.L. season

Sharky99

Reaction score
OK gophers.. I know it is really early for this (sic!) topic to show up but I thought what the hell do it now.. than wait up to the day before the season actually start...

Now, as ya all know, the Chicago Blackhawks had ended their 49 year drought with a Stanley Cup in June vs the Philadelphia Flyers... I have to wonder can the Blackhawks go for a 2nd Cup in a row? I do hope so but I bet the other teams will have to be ready to paint a bull eye on the Blackhawks good enough...

AND Edmonton Oilers fans (me included) are eager to see how the heralded rookie Taylor Hall does in his pro debut if he makes the team out of training camp... I want to see how he does and hope he will make the Oilers better a bit for this year and who knows by next coming season, the Oilers can be dominating like Chicago, Pittsburgh, and Washington were with young players coming up and doing well....

It would be a great season to see, once training camps start in September and 6 NHL teams will open the regular season in Europe... gonna be fun for sure!

I remember, Taylor Hall from the prospect draft at L.A. Kings court :) Cameron Flower went to the Ducks *quack* quack* we got competition :P

Hockey season?? Great. I have a problem falling asllep, I tune in to a regular season hockey game and drift off to sleep in 15 minutes. Drug free sleep is good

images

We will not make mistake again, we will be back to Stanley Cup.

Wirelessly posted

I am an Anaheim Ducks fan*quack, quack* toss orange feather* heehee

I am thinking Washington will win it this year.

Washington beats Detroit in Finals....... I may change this before the season starts.

Well I am sure Washington will wanna follow what Pittsburgh has done for sure.. and also I wonder if Chicago can do the repeating.. I hope it goes great this year.. hehe..

Hockey season?? Great. I have a problem falling asllep, I tune in to a regular season hockey game and drift off to sleep in 15 minutes. Drug free sleep is good

lol :lol: not everyone likes sports but eh, I'm lucky my wife likes hockey :)

OK gophers.. I know it is really early for this (sic!) topic to show up but I thought what the hell do it now.. than wait up to the day before the season actually start...

Now, as ya all know, the Chicago Blackhawks had ended their 49 year drought with a Stanley Cup in June vs the Philadelphia Flyers... I have to wonder can the Blackhawks go for a 2nd Cup in a row? I do hope so but I bet the other teams will have to be ready to paint a bull eye on the Blackhawks good enough...

AND Edmonton Oilers fans (me included) are eager to see how the heralded rookie Taylor Hall does in his pro debut if he makes the team out of training camp... I want to see how he does and hope he will make the Oilers better a bit for this year and who knows by next coming season, the Oilers can be dominating like Chicago, Pittsburgh, and Washington were with young players coming up and doing well....

It would be a great season to see, once training camps start in September and 6 NHL teams will open the regular season in Europe... gonna be fun for sure!

There may also be a heritage classic game played outdoors in Calgary, the Flames vs the Habs which will be interesting.

The NHL hopes to play an outdoor regular season game in Canada next season and will be discussing the plan with the Competition Committee in June. The Heritage Classic™ would be played at McMahon Stadium in Calgary on Sunday, February 20 and would feature the Montreal Canadiens and Calgary Flames. CBC and RDS would carry the game in Canada and VERSUS would telecast the outdoor match in the United States. Assuming plans for the game are approved, it will be the first NHL regular season game contested outdoors in Canada since the Edmonton Oilers hosted the Canadiens at first Heritage Classic at Commonwealth Stadium on November 22, 2003.

link 2011 NHL Heritage Classic - 2011 NHL Heritage Classic - Canadiens v. Flames

Oh yeah goHabsgo, I heard about the Cgy-Mtl matchup for Heritage Classic 2011.. and seen the Flames jersey for that specific day... interesting one for sure....

Oh yeah goHabsgo, I heard about the Cgy-Mtl matchup for Heritage Classic 2011.. and seen the Flames jersey for that specific day... interesting one for sure....

There's seems to be some debate about that jersey, some people like it some don't, I have seen it also, I like it but I haven't seen the whole look yet. It's a jersey honoring the Calgary Tigers Hockey team from the 30's.

OH yeah that Flames jersey is interesting.. there was some mention of the old Calgary Tigers who had challenged the Montreal Canadiens back in the late 1920s or so for the Stanley Cup a couple times I believe and was part of the old Western Canadian Hockey League (also was part of the Pacific Hockey Association at one time)... so it would be interesting to see the Flames jerseys on tv for the 2011 Heritage Game which I think will be on CBC...

OH yeah that Flames jersey is interesting.. there was some mention of the old Calgary Tigers who had challenged the Montreal Canadiens back in the late 1920s or so for the Stanley Cup a couple times I believe and was part of the old Western Canadian Hockey League (also was part of the Pacific Hockey Association at one time)... so it would be interesting to see the Flames jerseys on tv for the 2011 Heritage Game which I think will be on CBC...

Yep, it will be interesting to see it if they do hold the event not to mention the fact that it will be played outdoors, awesome!

Oh yeah.. will the 2011 Heritage Classic top the 2003 Heritage Classic?? that gonna be interesting to see...

Back