2 Year Old Cooper Hear's Mommy's Voice First Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

CSign

Reaction score
Just saw this video and thought I'd share it. The excitement the little guy shows at his first exposure to new sounds was touching. I'm not sure whether or not the family signs with him, but the little boy was clearly excited.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDDfGMuofuw&feature=youtube_gdata_player]2 Year Old Cooper Hears Mommy's Voice for the First Time! - Original - YouTube[/ame]

he berserked when he heard the sound. i can see the person on the left and right tried to forced him to listen to it. thats sad!

Very sweet. Cute little snort laugh too.

:roll: Oh, WOW!! A kid can hear!!

Whoopie Doo!!

CI does not cure anything! :aw:

Thxbye

he looks so confused

he looks so confused

Ya think? You might understand that when you become a parent.....that's pretty common for 2 yos...... Not to mention he is hearing for the first time. That would be confusing as well.

Ya think? You might understand that when you become a parent.....that's pretty common for 2 yos...... Not to mention he is hearing for the first time. That would be confusing as well.

I agree, and the impression I got overall was that it was a positive experience for the little guy.

I don't remember for the first time when I wore body hearing aid. But i still never forget how creepy it was when people in the tiny room were looking at me with their scary smiles. I dont blame him. :lol:

on the contrary... you might understand that when you're born deaf

on the contrary... you might understand that when you're born deaf

Still no reason to be negative. If one doesn't want a CI that is their choice and I respect their choice. No need to bring down others for what makes them happy.

Still no reason to be negative. If one doesn't want a CI that is their choice and I respect their choice.

everybody is entitled to their opinions. it's not like she went up to them and said it to their face and prevented them from having CI surgery.

No to bring down others for what makes them happy.
that is very speculative and subjective. and controversial as well. Remember Emma McLaughlin-Orton? Again - we're entitled to our opinions. not every CI activation is a right choice.

everybody is entitled to their opinions. it's not like she went up to them and said it to their face and prevented them from having CI surgery.

that is very speculative and subjective. and controversial as well. Remember Emma McLaughlin-Orton? Again - we're entitled to our opinions. not every CI activation is a right choice.

Everybody is entitled to their opinions....that's a fact..... But this thread wasn't posted in a debate thread or current events thread. This thread is posted in the HA/ CI forum. Seems since people who use CIs and HAs come to this forum they should be able to go to these threads without having to wade through the negativity. Just my thoughts.....seems the site would be better served if every thread wasn't a war.

I personally believe that a baby or a toddler shouldn't get the CI until they fully understand what it is. Because If I had a child, I would want to know if he or she would want a CI. Because it is their body. i know parents wants what is best for their kid. But I kind of wish they would let their child do their own thing and see if the kid likes being themselves for who they are. I didn't get my own CI until i was 8 years old, My parents asked me if i wanted one. And i have thought about it for a long time and i decided yes i wanted one. I took good care of my CI's, etc and There was days that I wish i didn't get the CI's because the hearing thinks its a cure to deafness. I do know, as a CI recipient that the CI's do not cure deafness. It's a piece of technology. And no technology is perfect. People have told the hearing countless of times that CI's do not cure deafness at all, but they just simply do not want to listen. I even explained to people that i can't hear perfectly with my Ci's, and even though most people think that the CI's are taking away an identity, I'm still a part of my deaf culture, its who i am and its not going away, it will always be with me, forever. And I can say that I'm proud of my deaf culture. My parents exposed me to the deaf world when they know nothing about the deaf world when I became deaf and had me learning sign language when i turned 4 years old. I'm not embarrassed about it. Because i know my parents wants what is best for me. I'm proud of being deaf, with or without the CIs.

Anna-Li's cochlear implant activation - YouTube

This one linked to it also. That's been going on for a while!

Thank you for posting that link Bott. I hadn't seen that video before. Looks like a happy, well loved, confident child who also responded well to her activation. Perhaps the greatest part of the video was that she clearly was in a home and educational environment that used ASL.

Great video!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back