2 VP-200 Call/Receive Work in One IP?

ExoriaX

Reaction score
Hello, I have 2 VP-200, one is my mom's and one is mine.

Since that Time Warner Cable company doesn't allow multi IPs anymore. If I want more IPs, I have to change to Business which cost too much. So, I heard that VP-200 can be working with one IP.

I wonder how does it work?

My network layout:

Cable Modem > Mom's Router > VP-200 and Computer > My Router > VP-200, Computer and Blu-Ray Player.

My tech level is somewhat high. I have knowledge so help me if you know how to get it to work.

Thanks,
Exor

Wirelessly posted

ExoriaX said:

Since that Time Warner Cable company doesn't allow multi IPs anymore. If I want more IPs, I have to change to Business which cost too much. So, I heard that VP-200 can be working with one IP.

My network layout:

Cable Modem > Mom's Router > VP-200 and Computer > My Router > VP-200, Computer and Blu-Ray Player.

My tech level is somewhat high. I have knowledge so help me if you know how to get it to work.

Thanks,
Exor

I can't believe about Time Warner change. Should get two different public IP for two VPs.

Wirelessly posted

I can't believe about Time Warner change. Should get two different public IP for two VPs.

No

He can use 2 VP200 on 1 ip address

Contact Sorenson and ask for Trainer to come set multi VP200 to use 1 ip address.

My network layout:

Thanks,
Exor

Contact Sorenson Customer Service and they will send a Trainer to set your 2 VP200 to work with 1 ip address.

thats correct- you just need to call customer care and they will take care of everything from there. they just need to enable the second listening port.

Contact Sorenson Customer Service and they will send a Trainer to set your 2 VP200 to work with 1 ip address.

Does this mean 1 IP address in two different home addresses is possible?

Does this mean 1 IP address in two different home addresses is possible?

No. 1 IP address in one home address. Not two separate home addresses. Just setting single listening port.

My network layout:

Thanks,
Exor

Cable Modem > your mom's router or YOUR router > two VP 200 devices.. by using a single listening port. That's it.

Why two routers? If both wireless routers are on, therefore, internet speed is slow.

Use two VPs in same time, video is weak signal. Should contact TWC (Time Warner Cable) to need increase speed for power boost.

Use two VPs in same time, video is weak signal. Should contact TWC (Time Warner Cable) to need increase speed for power boost.

minimum of 786 kbps in both upload and download.

If I use VP while someone who has 2nd VP, using online games, using heavy internet traffic, for example, download tons of movies, music, etc... yes it will cause VP speed slow and choppy. If both have no xbox, PSP3, etc...then the speed will get better and not choppy.

What is single listening port? Device? I former worked for Sorenson. I had installed one router and switch for some customers' two VPs in two different IPs in one modem. No signal loss.

No

He can use 2 VP200 on 1 ip address

Contact Sorenson and ask for Trainer to come set multi VP200 to use 1 ip address.

That's what I have. That way me and my roommate have separately videophone for ourselves. However, it come with approve or not.. during any reason. It's just fortunately, I able to get one

What is single listening port? Device? I former worked for Sorenson. I had installed one router and switch for some customers' two VPs in two different IPs in one modem. No signal loss.

vp200 settings, network, ports

can have more vp like 10 or 40 vp behind one IP address with one modem and one router. must have enogh speed

second IP address is money waste

Cable Modem > your mom's router or YOUR router > two VP 200 devices.. by using a single listening port. That's it.

Why two routers? If both wireless routers are on, therefore, internet speed is slow.

It's second listening ports (SLP).

minimum of 786 kbps in both upload and download.

If I use VP while someone who has 2nd VP, using online games, using heavy internet traffic, for example, download tons of movies, music, etc... yes it will cause VP speed slow and choppy. If both have no xbox, PSP3, etc...then the speed will get better and not choppy.

I thought both vps UL/DL should be 192kb.

vp200 settings, network, ports

can have more vp like 10 or 40 vp behind one IP address with one modem and one router. must have enogh speed

second IP address is money waste

You mean by another public IP (WAN IP)? Then yes, I am agree with you about waste of money.

You mean by another public IP (WAN IP)? Then yes, I am agree with you about waste of money.

speed ideal 250k both way each vp

192k ok ok speed

one public IP on one router will work with several vp200 if speed is good

I have heard about that! But one problems over here in Riverside, California. My hearing roommate has Dish Network set up thru her Cable cord. So no Cable Service in this house so we depend on AT&T DSL! I has other deaf roommate who is my friend we wants share same internet without paying for extra IP address but one problems his internet is Basic and I just upgrade to Express speed! his speed is 768kps and mine speed is 1.5Mbps! Riverside only has Basic and Express that r in service. So what I should do?

Yes, I know.

No, since two VPs are hooked into one router, so therefore, increase ul/dl to 786 kbps or higher. Lower speed will cause one or both vps to get slow and choppy if they use them at the same time at that speed.

Of course, it is getting expensive if getting a 2nd IP.

I have heard about that! But one problems over here in Riverside, California. My hearing roommate has Dish Network set up thru her Cable cord. So no Cable Service in this house so we depend on AT&T DSL! I has other deaf roommate who is my friend we wants share same internet without paying for extra IP address but one problems his internet is Basic and I just upgrade to Express speed! his speed is 768kps and mine speed is 1.5Mbps! Riverside only has Basic and Express that r in service. So what I should do?

You can use Basic speed with 2 or more VP200.

But you may not be able to use all VP200 at the same time unless you get higher speed package.

Roommates may have to take turn using thier own VP200 if the speed is too low and not use computer internet during VP calls.

Higher speed package will allow more VP200 calls at the same time.

You can use Basic speed with 2 or more VP200.

But you may not be able to use all VP200 at the same time unless you get higher speed package.

Roommates may have to take turn using thier own VP200 if the speed is too low and not use computer internet during VP calls.

Higher speed package will allow more VP200 calls at the same time.

I disagree. Basic speed is speeding slower than Express speed, so therefore, Bart's roommate can cancel basic speed package in order to save money. Unless they want to get higher speed package, then go for it. Up to them.

Back