2 line VCO TTY using VOIP

leviathan54

Reaction score
I have an interesting idea, can anyone tell me if this will work..

I want to use VCO tty....However, i want to do 2 line VCO tty so i can both speak and listen.

Unfortunately at home we do not have 2 phone lines which are required for this service....

However we do have ADSL with a phone line. So what i was thinking was..

1) use the PSTN phone as line one
2) use VOIP as line two

i found this on the internet...

"Yes, a call can be made on both lines at the same time. The only exception is if you have answered a PSTN call from your VoIP phone, as this will tie up both lines at once."

i'm not sure how to interpret this, but it does sound like my idea is feasible????

TTY?

Whats wrong with SorensonVRS? They are free and got VCO option!

See for yourself, go to www.sorensonvrs.com

Or better idea, since you got computer and a telephone line, go ahead go Sorenson IP Relay and make the text based relay plus use captcall, even better, it is free! The Captcall is really a VCO service.

If you want to speak and listen just use a regular phone. As I understand the matter using VCO-voice carry over- means the Relay service "shifts your incoming line to them" so that they can hear on your behalf and key the conversation.

Advanced Bionics-Harmony-activated Aug/07

If you want to speak and listen just use a regular phone. As I understand the matter using VCO-voice carry over- means the Relay service "shifts your incoming line to them" so that they can hear on your behalf and key the conversation.

Advanced Bionics-Harmony-activated Aug/07

TTY?

See for yourself, go to Sorenson VRS®

Or better idea, since you got computer and a telephone line, go ahead go Sorenson IP Relay and make the text based relay plus use captcall, even better, it is free! The Captcall is really a VCO service.

I find that Zvrs works best for VCO calls out of the box, no phone lines required. SVRS won't work if you don't have a landline or cell phone handy.

TTY?

See for yourself, go to Sorenson VRS®

Don't be madness. That person may not know skillful of read ASL.

Back