19, Hearing, Looking To Learn And Make Friends

Niki Metcalf

Reaction score
Hi! My name is Niki and I'm new to this site. I'm 19 years old from NY and I am currently taking ASL in college. During the school year the ASL professors I have had are deaf so I was able to learn a lot and practice with them. Since it is the summer and I am back at home it is hard for me to practice because there are not many members of the Deaf community living near me (that I know of). I would love to make new friends who I can practice with and learn more from, as I want to be an interpreter someday and especially work with ASL and theatre (like what Deaf West does). Please comment below and introduce yourself!

Last edited:
I am HOH and forgot the ASL I did know , I really have no reason to know it now. When I was living in Ca. I wanted to learn ASL b/c there were more people using it.

Hi! My name is Niki and I'm new to this site. I'm 19 years old from NY and I am currently taking ASL in college. During the school year the ASL professors I have had are deaf so I was able to learn a lot and practice with them. Since it is the summer and I am back at home it is hard for me to practice because there are not many members of the Deaf community living near me (that I know of). I would love to make new friends who I can practice with and learn more from, as I want to be an interpreter someday and especially work with ASL and theatre (like what Deaf West does). Please comment below and introduce yourself!
Heyyyyy

I'm 16 from England so there isn't anywhere to learn ASL/PSE except the internet. I started learning ASL/PSE a while ago and kinda stopped for a while and began to pick it up yesterday and I'm determined to learn as much as I can before I go back to school.:)

I'm 16 from England so there isn't anywhere to learn ASL/PSE except the internet. I started learning ASL/PSE a while ago and kinda stopped for a while and began to pick it up yesterday and I'm determined to learn as much as I can before I go back to school.:)
Well if you ever need help or want to practice let me know! I just started my new ASL class today

Back