15 y/o girl wanting an asl buddy

heysell23

Reaction score
I'm HOH soon to be Deaf and my parents don't want to learn sign language I know basics but not a lot is there anybody who is willing to help me out or be a friend because I'm going through a rough time

Sent from my iPhone using AllDeaf

well, its good idea to ask other members (once you got reply-interest) to ask RocknRobin or Shel90 to ascertain that this 'person' replys is safe and real.....just saying, just an idea OK
...and good luck , as theres not many 15 years old (or none) on board...maybe you could ask Alex...

I'm by no means an expert, but I might be willing to help you out

well, its good idea to ask other members (once you got reply-interest) to ask RocknRobin or Shel90 to ascertain that this 'person' replys is safe and real.....just saying, just an idea OK
...and good luck , as theres not many 15 years old (or none) on board...maybe you could ask Alex...

Why only RocknRobin or Shel90 , we have plenty of other members here that can do that too.

I'm 16 and Fluent in ASL. I wouldn't mind helping you out. I am also HoH so if need be I can speak also

I'm 16 and Fluent in ASL. I wouldn't mind helping you out. I am also HoH so if need be I can speak also

OMG I would be greatly appreciated of that you have no idea I'm finally convincing my parents tht asl is a good thing for me

Your parents will come around, the deaf community here in Alabama is full of nice people; learning sign language is worth it for me just to meet all the great deaf/hh people around my area. Your parents will have no choice but to be happy for you when they see all the great people you're meeting and befriending using american sign language.
I'd talk with you but I'm older, 23. Your age group would be best for you because most families do not approve of opposite gender adults speaking with underage daughters (very common and natural emotion for families).
Have fun.

Your parents will come around, the deaf community here in Alabama is full of nice people; learning sign language is worth it for me just to meet all the great deaf/hh people around my area. Your parents will have no choice but to be happy for you when they see all the great people you're meeting and befriending using american sign language.
I'd talk with you but I'm older, 23. Your age group would be best for you because most families do not approve of opposite gender adults speaking with underage daughters (very common and natural emotion for families).
Have fun.

Today in my church there is a deaf guy and he knows little asl and I am teaching and learning with him and my dad saw how happy I was to sign with him and he saw my smile as I was talking to him and asked me you really like signing don't you and I responded it makes me life easier I think he is having second thoughts and is going to learn asl with me

i am 17 and have an implant and use fluent asl. i grew up around both, hearing and deaf culture. so i am familiar with both if that helps. i'm willing to help and be a buddy. :)

Same ^ I'm currently in my second year of learning ASL and I'd really just like to make some new friends and learn more about deaf culture.

My skills are minimal as I am unable to find any classes near me and I have only watch some online videos.

Back