1 yr post op CI

stephaniep

Reaction score
Hello, I had L ear cochlear implant put in one year ago, and at first I seemed to be doing quite well, With this last assessment my speech perception has fallen considerably. (making out sentences with booth testing) I am not sure why this could be happening because all my other tests seemed fine. Yet, my problem is not due from lack of hearing, I find some voices loud, but not clear, similar to a radio off station. I do have an increase of tinnitus noise it seems, but would that have anything to do with it? It is constant. Audiologist isn't sure why, but think it may have to do with adjusting or fine tuning? I hope so. I've come this far, I don't want to lose my hearing again?.

When was the last time you had a mapping (tweaking/fine tuning)?

CIs are a life time of adjustments. You'll seem to plateau and then, either with a new maping or new processor, you'll find you're hearing better. No two people are alike in the timing of their hearing journey with CIs.

Thank you. I had some adjustments in the past and a couple of weeks ago, but instead of better, it becomes worse, so it seems like I'm going backwards instead of forward? My Audiologist will get sick of me before we figure this out? I'm getting my updated sound processor very soon, so I hope it will help some.

Back