1 million pounds of ground beef recalled

Foxrac

Premium Member
Reaction score
Consumers are being warned to check their freezers for recalled beef that may be contaminated with E. coli. The Modesto California-based meat processor Valley Meat Company is voluntarily recalling approximately one million pounds of ground beef. The beef may contain a rare strain of the bacterium E. coli O157:H7.

The Valley Meat Company says the ground beef patties and bulk products were produced between October 2nd, 2009 through January 12th, 2010 and were distributed to retail outlets and institutional foodservice providers in California, Texas, Oregon, Arizona and overseas. A list of retailers has not yet been released, but a complete list of products has been published on the company's website.

So far seven people are believed to have been sickened between February and June according to a USDA press release. Consumers are urged to throw away any of this beef, if they still have it in their freezers.

E. coli can cause serious illness including death in the most severe cases. Consumers can avoid getting sick if they properly cook their meat to at least 160° F, which kills the bacteria.

1 million pounds of ground beef recalled – Paging Dr. Gupta - CNN.com Blogs

That's nice. I don't remember eat beef since....2 weeks ago. Eh...

Not eating beef would NOT save you from poisoning. People got ecoli poisoning from spinach two years ago, the same kind found in beef.

You can cook beef thoroughly and render it safe to eat... with spinach, you can cook it but if you want fresh spinach, you have to wash it vigorously and even with that, it's likely there will be remains of ecoli.

:) This is one of the reasons I don't buy from big corporations. I buy local grown steer and butcher it locally.

Foxrac, Thank you the link. Not again! I don't eat ground beef nor red meat that much. I'm against grease and fatty in ground beef after cooked.

She's right, look at Waffle House.

you can get lean ground beef. It's much less fat and have to cook in way where you don't receive a greasy.

Sound like you don't know how to cook well. Same as Pinky. Why don't you go to cook class and learn.

you can get lean ground beef. It's much less fat and have to cook in way where you don't receive a greasy.

Sound like you don't know how to cook well. Same as Pinky. Why don't you go to cook class and learn.

In bold, you are wrong and I'm good at cook the ground beef but Pinky was actually point at fast food that where ground beef is fatter and greasy so I said that her statement is true.

Some people don't have time to cook the dinner so they have take it out from fast food.

Back