Wired For Sound..

Audiofuzzy

Reaction score
Nah, but I mean how interesting can a book about rehabilitation be?

Well the thing is I always picture these types of books written by the types of people who suggest doing an How The Ear Hears presentation in school...I just can't picture that sort of stuff being a read. What I mean by read is something that you'd read over and over again...Like the AG Bell stuff, you read it once, and it's comitted to memory...whereas other stuff has more flavour.

Yeah, well, it's not exactly a book about rehabilitation, it's a personal story about a woman who if I remember correctly was born deaf or become deaf early and managed thru life with great difficulties but who managed to each her goals and then decided on cochlear implant, then she describes her struggles it is not really technical,

however it just occured to me perhaps what was fascinating to me might not be so for you since you are immersed in the world of CI and HA and what not,
while I was separated from all that except for wearing HA.
But still I would like it if you give it a chance, because hearing your opinion would be valuable to me.

But only if you want, no pushing...

Fuzzy

ps- and what's AG Bell stuff?

Actually I should have said AG Bell/SHHH stuff. What I mean by that is stuff that is written the way those pamphelts that you get from your audi are written.

Oh no, it's nothing like the pamphlets! :)
if you decide to read please let me know.

Fuzzy

Back