Volunteer needed for struggling writer

Charliechops

Reaction score
Hi everyone/anyone reading this,

I am currently writing a novel in which one of the main characters is deaf. The character is loosely based on my brother who was born deaf in one ear and struggled with his speech and hearing throughout his childhood, which is where my personal interest comes from.

Whilst the book itself is not about deafness, I want the character be as solid and well written as possible, which is why I am hoping for some volunteers who would be willing to communicate for me through email about how they view certain situations without being able to hear.

I don't want to ask my brother because it has always been a sensitive topic with him and because he can hear in one ear, he cannot really help with what I need.

I know this all sounds a bit vague and I can't pay anyone who does get in touch with me, but maybe the satisfaction of one day seeing my book in a store, with a credit in the back to you would be enough?!

Thank you for reading my message, and thanks in advance to those who contact me

Charlie

There are quite a few topics on how it's like to be deaf and yada yada already in this forum. You could save some time that way.

Back