TRS's explanation isn't bad!

PowerON

Reaction score
:mad: Yesterday, I called the cafe to order meal in advance. The staff hang on me after she heard the relay service's explanation. I print it out and show to the manager. So, I got an apologize and half price on meal. Woot! :)

:( Then on evening after work, I wasn't mood to cook. So, I order Papa Johns via online. It been a over a hour after I order. So, I called them to see what going on. I had the first person call and he seem confuse, so, he gave to someone then relay service make an explanation. Suddenly, he hang up. Again, I print it out and drove to Papa Johns to demand for manager. I showed him and he apologize and gave me pizza at NO CHARGE. :D

ZOMG!

I thought myself... hey, relay service's explanation isn't that bad! :fingersx:

It's not relay at all. It's lazy customer service. Then again, I know for a fact that a certain former Fortune 500 company used to actively encourage its customer service reps NOT to take relay calls because relay calls cut into the company's bottom line. Every minute spent on a relay call was a minute the company had to pay for, and since relay calls usually take much longer than hearing to hearing calls.....

I'm sorry that you received such horrible customer service by people who didn't want to be on the phone with you. They probably assumed 'oh my god, this is going to take forever' or something. That's still unacceptable. You are a customer, and every customer should be treated with courtesy. For myself, I wouldn't have stopped at local management I would have sent the complaint to corporate.

You have print outs because you are deaf. I use print outs because I've caught too many customer service reps either lying -- or (too often) corporate undercutting their customer service reps. There's a big difference between 'your rep told me by phone' and 'i have a print out of your rep telling me'. Especially because some companies have policies against allowing their reps to be recorded -- in spite their own corporate recordings explaining that 'this call may be monitored or recorded'. You can get some leeway by asking the rep 'are calls monitored or recorded?'

If I could afford a recording device for my cell phone, I would.

What's frustrating for me is that not every ip relay call center will handle the call the same. And its even more frustrating when I call a call center and three different reps handle the same type of call substantially differently. But I don't know what else to do at this time.

They always mistake relay service as solicitors.

I agree !! I run in to this all the time. The ONLY way to aviod this on a important call when driving over in person is NOT a option is to use VCO if you happen to be one of those who can talk clear enough for hearies to understand on the phone. HECK!- I know some hearies who mumbles worse then deaf can talk and deaf vioces is preferred over the mumbler. heh . But for power on- getting free meals only works for so long - it can be abused very easily and it only takes a few rotten apples to ruin the whole tree. I dont want to go to a business to find they frown on deaf and refuse or give poor service becuase of few deaf made ALOT of noise in the past. I run into this all the time in rochester area. I HATE getting expensive purchases in henrietta since I feel I am getting the shaft or they jacking me up on price. IF they dont want my business- Ill drive 30 miles or more out of my way just to get freindly service. After all it's MY money, right?!

ok , sorry for rambling on and thanks for letting me rant. :cool2::D

I never ask for free or not even think about get free when I am in normal all way as I in mood for something to order.

Make call and hang on me. Whyy whyyy, that ruin my day! I'm make a war! RAWR!!!

That's all.

OH yeah, I will not make order on telephone anymore but order through online. Unless I'm in other place, oh dear.

papa johns is my favorite pizza and I have ordered online without any problems.

Back