This is Weird.....

Nancy

Reaction score
As you know I am using two hearing aids now instead of just one.....when I have both on. I noticed that my left ear (my poorer ear) that is aided, the sounds are heard but not the words (words are garbled). That's not unusual for me since it's been like that for years.....but when I started wearing two now, I noticed that my aided right ear almost seems it "disappeared" and my left ear with hearing aid had taken over.
When that happens, I had trouble understanding everyone, but I can hear some sounds with the left hearing aid. I don't hear all of it -- I can tell I am deaf in this ear....it is so weird when I noticed this at work.
What do you think happened here? Is my brain gone haywire?? LOL

Yeah...it'll go away. It's b/c your ear isn't used to hearing speech properly, that when it can, it takes a while for it to retain itself. You have to learn to hear, it'll take a while, i went through the same thing

I'm just like you Nancy. If I wear one hearing aid I get bad headaches. If I wear two hearing aids then I'm great. I also notice that my better hearing in my left ear aids my poor hearing in my right ear, therefore, I must wear both hearing aids in order for me to understand the conversation. Well, most of the time. If I wear one hearing aid... forget it!

if I wear one hearing aids on my left side and it make me grumpy! lol hate hard to hear the sound cause I love to hear the sounds. I used hear the sound since I was 6 months old baby lol .. right now right side of my hearing aids seem no good oh blah! hard to hear it it was low and I already changed new battery and still the same! grrrr so I might get new one hearing aids this year but not for sure cause of $$$$. I love hear the sounds.. but the words to hear not really at all cause I grew up in deaf school doesnt bother me but love to hear the sound hehe

Back